• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Weapons Lights, and flashlights general

98Z5V

Olight.  If you guys haven't been checking them out, then you should.  Olight is gonna give the big-money companies a monstrous run for their money.  I started dabbling in this stuff over the summer.  Sign up for their notifications.  It's well worth it.

https://www.olightstore.com/

I can tell you right now that this 1500 lumen weapons light is BADASS...

https://www.olightstore.com/bundle-pl-pro-1-rpl-7.html

bundle-pl-pro-zhuti-001.jpg

The Mini Valkyrie is also BADASS!!!   :hail:

https://www.olightstore.com/pl-mini-2.html

pl-mimi-two-001.png

I'll get reviews and writeups coming on these.  Already have them.  Just need to get them out on a night shoot, get pics, etc.  Olight is slaying big-name companies, with the quality and prices.  They rock, men.  Hard core, too.

16 minutes ago, Magwa said:

Done and ordered.. thank you sir!

You'll love it, brother, or my money-back guarantee.  If you think it sucks, I'll send you what you had to pay for it, plus shipping to me.   :thumbup:

Here's the Mini on a G17 and G19.  The fullisize PL-PRO is on the 19X.

P1080427.thumb.JPG.bf83f2c1a15f733916d713a9fa8eb88d.JPG

Here's the Mini on the 19X:

P1080428.JPG.9c8b82053962725196fe71535f2b3435.JPG

17 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Is the PL-Pro om the 19x as far back as it goes? I didnt realize that thing was so big.

Yes, it is. It's position is not adjustable.  But, that's 1500 lumens of straight badassery, right there, too.

10 hours ago, Magwa said:

I like that it does not come out to the muzzle it will work great on the M17 Thanks again.....will post pic when it gets here

There's a reason that you'd get it out there in front of the muzzle, though, like that PL-PRO.  That's one of the things that I want to go over, and demonstrate, at the Spring Shoot... 

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Yes, it is. It's position is not adjustable.  But, that's 1500 lumens of straight badassery, right there, too.

There's a reason that you'd get it out there in front of the muzzle, though, like that PL-PRO.  That's one of the things that I want to go over, and demonstrate, at the Spring Shoot... 

Rgr that

On 12/23/2019 at 10:31 PM, ARTrooper said:

Is the PL-Pro om the 19x as far back as it goes? I didnt realize that thing was so big.

In order to not worry you about - you know, the sheer girth and length of that light...   :lmao:   I know the long, thick ones freak people out a little...   :laffs:That was on a 19. Here it is on the 17 with the extended barrel.  Direct match, for length, but only because of the extended barrel.  It'll still overhang a stock G17.

P1080429.JPG.1decf2e47b87d158ec08bc5a68f2850c.JPG

I'm giving up more of the methodology, and class points here, but this is the "Severe Duty We-Just-Fucked-This-Up" gun.  This doesn't need to come out unless you really, really expect to get into some shiit - or you're a LEO in this fucked up country, because they're always a target.

This is a Springfield XD-45 LEO model, 4" barrel, full-size grip, with the thumb safety.  Not a very common model, and kinda hard to find.  This is the closest you're ever gonna get to a 1911, in exact operation, in a striker-fired pistol. 

P1080431.JPG.cd349335e88a4f9dba764f7d5ba2dbcb.JPG

Grip safety, thumb safety, and a double-stack .45 ACP striker-fired gun.  There's 3 x 13-round mags there, but two of them have 2-round extensions.  So, 2 x 15 rd, 1 x 13rd, and one in the pipe = 44 rounds of .45 ACP, on your body.  If you need that much, you're in a BAD neighborhood.  Streamlight TLR-4 light and/or laser combo, and it overhangs the barrel for a reason. This is the "we ARE fucked" gun, for way-wrong situations. You should know before you go into situations like that, and plan ahead.  This one doesn't come out often anymore, except for range time, but it was a daily carry for 4 years.

Little Tommy's mentality: Know your surroundings, but more importantly, know what you're getting yourself into, BEFORE you go into it in the first place.  Plan ahead. 

I know some LEOs will argue with me about this, but it's gonna be a short argument. Every gunfight is a rifle fight.  Period.  If you think otherwise, as soon as some bad guy shows up with a rifle, and all you have is a pistol, it's not a gunfight anymore... You have a "knife" in this gunfight, now.

Handguns are NOT primary defensive weapons.  Handguns are backup weapons, that allow you to get back to your rifle (primary weapon). That goes for physical separation (my rifle isn't HERE, but I only have my handgun to be able to GET TO IT) and in transitional periods (my rifle is DOWN and I need to shoot RIGHT NOW and get my rifle back in operation).  

If you're in a big enough gunfight, a pistol won't do it. You don't typically pick that fight, though.  For your handgun choices - have a rifle near, that you can get to - that's the main consideration, paramount.  Now, inside of that handgun selection, you need to make sure that you have the PROPER handgun (size, caliber, proper ammunition) and ENOUGH of that handgun ammo to fight your way back to your rifle...  How far away your rifle is, and what kind of handgun (and amount of handgun ammo) determines your success or failure. If you're close, one mag might do it?  Two is one, and one is none - ALWAYS have an extra magazine...  If you're far away - what do you need to get back to your rifle?  If you need a ruck-full of .45ACP 230gr Ball - you have a bad plan... 

Just something to think about.  I think about it everyday, before I go anywhere.  When I go somewhere strange or new - I think about it, and try to plan it out as best I can.  That's all you can do. 

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

I know some LEOs will argue with me about this, but it's gonna be a short argument. Every gunfight is a rifle fight.  Period.  If you think otherwise, as soon as some bad guy shows up with a rifle, and all you have is a pistol, it's not a gunfight anymore... You have a "knife" in this gunfight, now.

Handguns are NOT primary defensive weapons.  Handguns are backup weapons, that allow you to get back to your rifle (primary weapon). That goes for physical separation (my rifle isn't HERE, but I only have my handgun to be able to GET TO IT) and in transitional periods (my rifle is DOWN and I need to shoot RIGHT NOW and get my rifle back in operation).  

If you're in a big enough gunfight, a pistol won't do it. You don't typically pick that fight, though.  For your handgun choices - have a rifle near, that you can get to - that's the main consideration, paramount. 

I agree with this 100%! I spent 23 years with just a handgun and a shotgun, no rifle to work my way back to! Thankfully, times have changed!:thumbup:

So i first saw Olights advertised on demo ranch. The more i saw them there and other places, the more they peaked my interest. Then they had an amazing deal on the M2R Warrior Pro with everything below shipped for $85.20191220_184409.thumb.jpg.ef4213f5f1aca9bf4f6a9a4ac64394b0.jpg

I put the holster on my duty belt and i have been carrying it the last couple of nights. The thing has like 8 different modes but is easy to use and i dont find myself fumbling through them. The tail switch always goes to the brightest mode which is nice when you need it quickly. But the lower levels are nice for many other uses because frankly, the thing is so darn bright, you dont want to be blinding people unless you need that tactical advantage. It has a very nice cone of light that is very consitent through the width of the beam and is brighter than my much larger and heavier streamlight stinger hpl. The stinger claims to have a better distance of throw... but that is debateable even. 

The size is perfect for a backup, belt mounted light. It is light and unlike other flashlights, i dont see myself getting tired holding it for long periods of time up high. It fits very nicely in the hand with plenty of grip. The construction feels very solid and i wouldnt worry about dropping it at all. 

The charger is sweet! It easily finds its home with the strong magnet which is much better than the few flashlights that are out that charge and either got to sit correctly on the charger or plug in (which over time the plugs get damaged). The usb pluggin is nice so you can plug it in to many cars, computers, wall outlets, and phone chargers.

The included belt/pocket clip is metal and sturdy. But i took it off because i wont be carrying it that way. The pressure switch and mounting system is just as good as any i have seen from surefire or any other brand. It easily mounts to a rail and the magnet end attaches to the flashlight in the same way as the charger. The switch always goes to the flashlight's highest setting just like the tail switch, which is fine when it is mounted tactically on the rifle. 

My only negative i have found so far is the rifle mount feels like a crappy plastic and i had to take the end cap off to get the light in it. Still it works, at least until it doesnt, and being an add on with the deal, i am not going to complain. I would not purchase the mount by itself as their our better ones out there.

20191222_130445.thumb.jpg.74127dc4dc58c475720002adf1033bd1.jpg20191222_130455.thumb.jpg.ded574986e1c5299c7b1398ba2d0b86d.jpg20191222_130511.thumb.jpg.11bbac67f9da9a55ea520778e4545f89.jpg

i think my next light from them will be a Warrior X

On 12/23/2019 at 4:06 AM, Magwa said:

need a recommendation for a sig P320M17...

Brother, if you need this on the gun all the time, you'll need a holster.  Right now there are only 5 or 6 companies making Kydex holsters for the PL MIni Valk 2 light.  One company that looks good is Werkz LLC, in Potlatch, ID.  They're about an hour from you...   :thumbup:

https://werkz.com/index.php/

Eh, since I've been collecting these things, I've been searching for holsters, brother.  My specific search was for a G19 with a red dot-cut holster, and this light - these guys were the ones.  While looking at that holster, I noticed that they have one ready to ship for the 320 Compact (M18)...   which means they're familiar with your gun, at least, in the 320 form. 

My holster for the G19 red dot and this light will be from them.   :thumbup:

I'm going after this one, brother...

m6agl19aolplminbl_01.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V