• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ahoy from ni0h

ni0h

A few years ago a friend wanted to do an 80% lower.  Since he lived in an apartment in town, he had noplace of his own where he could spend hours running a handheld router, and I let him use my garage(still finding aluminum shavings).  After he bought and ruined 3 blanks, he bought 2 to give me one (then he ruined that and one more and then the one he got right when he tried to build).  The process was quick and easy for me, and ever since that lower's been sitting in my gun safe, with the potential to become my first centerfire rifle.
I finally ordered a completion kit in early March advertised to be compatible with 80% arms lowers.  I've worked through several errors from the vendor and in working out cycling problems, found confirmation of what I had concluded, this site (thanks, 98Z5V).

Still not 100% so there'll be at least one question.

edit:  I should explain - "ni0h" is my amateur radio callsign, a globally-unique identifier for me under international treaty, which tells those who know where to look  that I'm Tim Conway in Frederick, Colorado.  Just introducing myself by that seemed a bit rude.  😄

Edited by ni0h

14 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Welcome aboard, man.  If you're still having some issues, toss up details in a build thread, and we'll try to figure it out.   :thumbup:

Thanks.  I am, and so far, just asked off another thread before I burden everybody with the whole story. 

On 6/20/2020 at 8:09 PM, unforgiven said:

What part brother

East-central., in the middle of the triangle of Milleville, Mooreland, and New Castle.

On 6/20/2020 at 8:12 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

You will get much more appropriate recommendations if you start a dedicated thread with your info and questions. :thumbup:

Heh.  Turns out I never posted my question on that thread anyway, so I did start my own.