• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Did they stop making 6.5 Grendel?

Belt Fed

It has got to be the hardest to find now. i can find all others, some sparingly but if you look hard enough and long enough you can.

300 blk is hard to find but every now and then you see it at a ridiculous price, but Grendel ammo has been non existent for a while now.

Every search and everywhere i have looked there is none. not in desperate need for it but i look constantly and if i ever find it i will buy it unless it's crazy priced.

I been buying 224 a lot cause it's easy to find, much easier than 223 and about the same price.

Belt, you looking at reloading components, or loaded ammo, brother?  either way, it's a sad state of affairs right now.  I never look for the loaded ammo, but that's just because I roll my own.  I haven't looked for components until last night, looking for .260 Rem projectiles for @ARTrooper...   Slim pickins...  I did find some projectiles, if you're loading your own - I'll dig that list up if you want it.  There's some decent, but not what I'd call "optimal" - things available. 

Finding ANYTHING just sucks right now. I'm out of my 225gr Hornady ELD-M .30 cal projectiles - and on backorder for 300 at a time.  That's my magic for the Win Mag and that fuckin' Mile Target.  I'm all assed out for shooting that that thing, until I get projos.  I get to watch @JBMatt shoot at the fucker, and spot him...  :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

2 minutes ago, shooterrex said:

I've got 250 of the black and 1200+ of the wolf and 150 of the federal w/the 90 gr hp. Also 350 ish of the American Gunner 120's. But I'll still buy more if I can find it except the wolf. Think I have enough of the wolf for now.

Yep, you got a bit of it. think i only have about 50 rounds of the federal fusion left. like to find more of the fusion.

Up here things are starting to thin out and if you have several things on the list it requires several stops.

Powder prices haven't really gone up same with most components but primers are up $2/100 over from a couple month ago and store limiting how much you can buy.

I've got decent reserves but have started budgeting $100/week then very couple weeks spending it on reloading components. It's not like prices will drop and stuff keeps.

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Belt, you looking at reloading components, or loaded ammo, brother?  either way, it's a sad state of affairs right now.  I never look for the loaded ammo, but that's just because I roll my own.  I haven't looked for components until last night, looking for .260 Rem projectiles for @ARTrooper...   Slim pickins...  I did find some projectiles, if you're loading your own - I'll dig that list up if you want it.  There's some decent, but not what I'd call "optimal" - things available. 

Finding ANYTHING just sucks right now. I'm out of my 225gr Hornady ELD-M .30 cal projectiles - and on backorder for 300 at a time.  That's my magic for the Win Mag and that fuckin' Mile Target.  I'm all assed out for shooting that that thing, until I get projos.  I get to watch @JBMatt shoot at the fucker, and spot him...  :laffs:

Nah, i don't reload. never got into it. Probably should have but really don't have a place or a space anywhere to do it.

22 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I will have to check tomorrow, but I MAY have a box of the 225 grain ELD-M projectiles I bought two years ago when I was experimenting looking for an expandable subsonic load for my 300 Blk. Before deciding a bullet designed for a 300 WM would never open up at those velocities. If I do I will PM you and it’s yours for what I paid for it plus postage.

1 minute ago, Sisco said:

I will have to check tomorrow, but I MAY have a box of the 225 grain ELD-M projectiles I bought two years ago when I was experimenting looking for an expandable subsonic load for my 300 Blk. Before deciding a bullet designed for a 300 WM would never open up at those velocities. If I do I will PM you and it’s yours for what I paid for it plus postage.

Deal, brother!   :thumbup:

On 2/25/2021 at 8:59 PM, 98Z5V said:

How bad do you want them?  Might hafta pay a lil more, but ya still might be able to pick up a couple boxes?

https://www.projectilewarehouse.com.au/products/hornady-30-cal-308-225-gr-eld-match

https://www.buckduckturk.com/30-cal-308-225gr-eld-match-100

On 2/28/2021 at 12:53 PM, JBMatt said:

How bad do you want them?  Might hafta pay a lil more, but ya still might be able to pick up a couple boxes?

https://www.projectilewarehouse.com.au/products/hornady-30-cal-308-225-gr-eld-match

https://www.buckduckturk.com/30-cal-308-225gr-eld-match-100

That first one is Australia - I don't think they'll ship to me.  That second one is worth contacting, but I can't locate their phone number or location, only an email submission form. 

I'll find some, eventually.  300 backordered through Midsouth.  Until then, I'm just your Spotter...   :thumbup: