• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

GUNshowMAGS.com

mrmackc

Have any of you ever ordered from this vendor ? GUNshowMags.com? 

I ordered two Ruger Mini-14 10 round mags from them on 1/28/2021. They debited my bank card for $54.41 and sent me a confirmation email and a day later sent an email showing a USPS shipping number from Las Vegas NV. The tracking number is still waiting for the package.  I have vidited their website and sent several emails asking about the order, never got any replies at all.

Edited by mrmackc

Generate a shipping label and let it sit 2 months. I’d be telling the CC company to refund the payment. Unless you desperately need those mags and have some shred of hope they might actually deliver them. Got a number to call?

If you read the Google reviews, the ones that sound like they are written without the aid of an internet translator are not very flattering and sound similar to your experience.

https://www.google.com/search?q=GUNshowMags.com&client=ms-android-hmd-rev2&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#lkt=LocalPoiReviews&trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:nav,rc_ludocids:3819498663515081507,rc_q:gunshowmags.com,ru_q:gunshowmags.com,trex_id:A19Usf

6 hours ago, DNP said:

Generate a shipping label and let it sit 2 months. I’d be telling the CC company to refund the payment. Unless you desperately need those mags and have some shred of hope they might actually deliver them. Got a number to call?

No , Don't find a phone number their website has a form to fill out to contact them.

File Fraud Charges on that transaction with your credit card company, and be done with them, Mack. To them...   :thefinger:

Thanks for the heads-up on them, though, and your due-diligence.  :hail:

SMOKE 'EM!

Edited by 98Z5V

+2 on using a reputable vendor, gun mag warehouse, etc.

I would also get a credit card for on-line purchases instead of using a bank/debit card.

I spend about $20,000-30,000 a month buying parts for my business/personal items and ALL of it is on either my Cabella's or another points type Visa credit card.   I've had a few issues but IF someone rips me off the money didn't come out of my bank account!

My nephew has had his bank account hacked half a dozen times now using his debit carb to buy chit on-line.  He eventually gets it all straightened out, but the money is still GONE initially until you do get someone to take action on it........FWIW......

On 3/23/2021 at 11:24 AM, edgecrusher said:

Also, gun mag warehouse is the best place for mags in my opinion. Maybe they have what you need

Thanks Edgrcrusher , Is that the one in Coppell, Texas? they were out of stock when I was ordering them in January. The ones pictured on their webpage appear to be like the ones i received from GUNshowmags.com yesterday, these are not marked.

"Finally got the wife to stop using debit card and pin number. CC is better for dispute."

+2

I haven't had a debit card ever, use CC only.  I'm the customer they hate the most, pay them off every month w/o exception so only get rewards and free chit (couple of Eotech's from Cabela's last year), never any interest charges.

There are a LOT of folks out there right now putting up fake websites, and sending emails trying to get you to enter in your user name and password so they can steal it and hit you pretty hard. 

I just got one yesterday from Norton Anti-Virus.  It asked me to call a phone number to verify the "purchase on your credit card" that was just made that they had "on file" to automatically re-new my account.

Problem is that I do NOT have a credit card on file with them. I only have credit cards on file with two accounts that I've used for over 20 years now.  Everyone else gets paid by credit card or Pay Pal for each transaction.  I wonder how many people call those numbers and give up personal info just to get ripped off?

The real chitty part of all of this is that IF you walk into United Dairy and hold them up for a cashiers drawer maybe $100 bucks or so they will hunt you down, stuff and cuff your ass and lock you up for a decade or so.

You can "worm" your way into some ones bank or savings account and rip them off for ten times that amount or more and unlikely you'll even get caught nor will they do much about it if they did narrow you down as a potential perpetrator.........FWIW.......

5 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Finally got the wife to stop using debit card and pin number. CC is better for dispute.

Correct. My wife got hers stolen years ago at a gas station and we had our account frozen for over a month straightening it out. I got her on the system of using a $500 limit card for most everything and we just clear it regular. Have a couple slightly larger limit cards and use accordingly. Anything too major, we roll the dice...but if you want to be safe, you can usually contact your bank and they can give you a temporary number only good for the amount you tell them, to the place you tell them. Extra steps, but if you need to pay for something big and want to stay safe...worth a minute of your time. 

2 hours ago, Cliff R said:

I wonder how many people call those numbers and give up personal info...

One of my old co-workers had his wife respond to a fake email from her bank. Clicked the link and typed in all their info. It started pinging the account for 2k every minute until the bank shut it down. Hard to believe people fall for that crap. She was a college grad “engineer”. Wouldn’t have expected her to be a dumbass, but apparently people fall for that crap. 

I thought I had already posted this:

I guess that last email got some results.

I received a package yesterday from GUNshow.com.  They sent three blued mini 14 10 rd. mags, I had ordered one blue mag and one SS mag. They were unmarked but appear to be the same as that Gun Mag Warehouse sells for 19.99 plus shipping. 

so it appears I got $60 worth of mags and tax and shipping for my $54  I have their address and name but still no phone number, they were shipped from Las Vegas NV on March 22..

Yeah, don't pay any attention to what the link looks like. Hold your cursor over the link and see if it's the same as they say it is. For instance, if it says "Click here for help on your Discover account problem" and the cursor hold over says "mikey.likes.it.gmail,org" then you might want to leave that unclicked.

11 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, don't pay any attention to what the link looks like. Hold your cursor over the link and see if it's the same as they say it is. For instance, if it says "Click here for help on your Discover account problem" and the cursor hold over says "mikey.likes.it.gmail,org" then you might want to leave that unclicked.

^^^  Solid advice - always check the hyperlinks.  :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

^^^  Solid advice - always check the hyperlinks.  :thumbup:

Yep. Just delete them. We all know what sites we use.

On 3/26/2021 at 12:02 PM, Cliff R said:

"Finally got the wife to stop using debit card and pin number. CC is better for dispute."

+2

I haven't had a debit card ever, use CC only.  I'm the customer they hate the most, pay them off every month w/o exception so only get rewards and free chit (couple of Eotech's from Cabela's last year), never any interest charges.

There are a LOT of folks out there right now putting up fake websites, and sending emails trying to get you to enter in your user name and password so they can steal it and hit you pretty hard. 

I just got one yesterday from Norton Anti-Virus.  It asked me to call a phone number to verify the "purchase on your credit card" that was just made that they had "on file" to automatically re-new my account.

Problem is that I do NOT have a credit card on file with them. I only have credit cards on file with two accounts that I've used for over 20 years now.  Everyone else gets paid by credit card or Pay Pal for each transaction.  I wonder how many people call those numbers and give up personal info just to get ripped off?

The real chitty part of all of this is that IF you walk into United Dairy and hold them up for a cashiers drawer maybe $100 bucks or so they will hunt you down, stuff and cuff your ass and lock you up for a decade or so.

You can "worm" your way into some ones bank or savings account and rip them off for ten times that amount or more and unlikely you'll even get caught nor will they do much about it if they did narrow you down as a potential perpetrator.........FWIW.......

I had a transaction show up my bank card thru  Paypal That was not legit from a supposedly computer improvement site that was semi-legit. I contacted Paypal and gave them the info and stated that I did not make the purchase. Paypal denied my protest.  I canceled my Paypal password and quit using Paypal, because they denied my protesting that payment.  Ten after a couple of months I received an email from Paypal that after more investigation (not detailed) and they returned my money I did have to change my Paypal password. We got rid of all of our credit cards 20 years ago, just have Bank card and Paypal, I don't write checks to very many places except local  organizations I belong to.

• 1 month later...

I also have had the same problem with GUNSHOWMAGS. Then when i finally got my order they sent the wrong clip and they will not reply to my emails and there is no phone number. I will not order from them again and I hope no one else does either. They need to get the message about customer service and the only way to do that is thru the lack of sales.