• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR10 value OPINION

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

The FFP reticle isn't to fat blocking out the smaller targets?

Never affected me too much, on target.  But, this one is excellent, in that aspect, if that's something that you think might impact you:

https://athlonoptics.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/APRS5-FFP-IR-MIL-ARES-BTR-GEN2.png

5 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Thank you 

You're welcome.  If you feel the need to repay that, just run downtown and grab two blowjobs, and bring me one back...  :thumbup::thefinger::lmao:

The specific scope that reticle is in, is the Athlon ARES BTR GEN 2 HD.  These ones, on this page - but only the MIL ones.  That's where the real people shoot targets at distance - those MOA ones are okay - but those are for the people that are trying-real-hard to me MIL shooters...   :laffs:

https://athlonoptics.com/product-category/rifle-scopes/athlon-optics-rifle-scopes-ares-btr-gen2/

11 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

You're welcome.  If you feel the need to repay that, just run downtown and grab two blowjobs, and bring me one back...  :thumbup::thefinger::lmao:

You had better hurry, she got a little banged up putting her in the trunk and it is awfully hot out so I'm not sure how long it will be fresh.  

32 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

So far, that "meal dot" Trijicon scope is working out ok

Ah, shiit, here we go.  Another one of those guys that struggle with "basic math," so they go MEALS - instead of figuring out how to shoot for real...  :lmao:

7 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Listen fuker, I'm trying & slowly learning! 🖕I dialed up 39 clicks on that one......& actually hit it too. Baby steps man, baby steps

You don't dial that far with a Real Man's Reticle.   That would have been 2.83 mils...   :banana:

30 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Ah, shiit, here we go.  Another one of those guys that struggle with "basic math," so they go MEALS - instead of figuring out how to shoot for real...  :lmao:

Don't go bagging on the MIL now, you know it's the system for guys who have to do math on their fingers and toes. That's why you're so traumatized by finger/toe injuries, it ruins your DOPE math.... :hornet:

Just now, Lonewolf McQuade said:

So you're saying his toe fetish is how he chose his method of shooting?

My finger and toe "fetish" is because I've smashed or damaged so many of my own.  I only have 20, but I'm severe enough to have fucked most of those up. 

My method of shooting is just superior.  Civilians came up with MOA, so that's what they usually cling to, you know - not having to use that in any kind of combat...   I'm just sayin'...   :popcorn:

Just now, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Prove you're right & it'll maybe help me learn better

That's easy.  You said you were 39 clicks, and MOA scopes are 1/4 MOA clicks.  That comes up to 9.75 MOA.  Divide that by 3.4377, and you get 2.8361986 Mils.

Shit Just Got Real! « dallaspenn.com

Both those numbers work out to what you would have seen at 450 yards.  I'm just sayin'...   :popcorn:

4 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

So you're saying his toe fetish is how he chose his method of shooting?

Oh no, that would be too straightforward. If you are ever privileged to get to see Tom shoot, you'll quickly realize that Tom's shooting techniques aren't based on any kind of ordered structure, but rather the outcome of some unseen multi-faceted dice roll that selects a random strategy, which he then may or may not utilize based on the results of either his most recent visit to his psychic, or tea leaves.