• Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR10 value OPINION

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

These?

MOE rifle stock right? They have holes for these. Seems like these used to come with most Magpul stocks that used them. It also has two holes and a slot inside where you would mount a mono pod, must have something going on there for it.

https://magpul.com/sling-mount-kit-type-1.html?mp_global_color=118

5 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

MOE rifle stock right? They have holes for these. Seems like these used to come with most Magpul stocks that used them. It also has two holes and a slot inside where you would mount a mono pod, must have something going on there for it.

https://magpul.com/sling-mount-kit-type-1.html?mp_global_color=118

I see now,  thanks. It didn't look right the 1st time I looked at those. 

2 hours ago, DNP said:

Come on now. We’ve said it enough around here. Watch your wallet. You act like your spending your own money. Don’t be so cheap. 

2 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Fair point, I shouldn't be so cheap using @Belt Fed 's $$$

See what you done, he was about ready to use 98's card until your post. 🙁

23 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

he was about ready to use 98's card until your post. 

Fear not my friend, if I like this one , I'll surely get another one for my 20" 5.56 groundhog rig.  I'll be sure to evenly distribute the credit card charges among the heathen enablers 👍

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade
To throw Beltfed off my trail!

On 5/17/2021 at 6:22 AM, Belt Fed said:

:laffs:His ears got to be burning.

I saw it all - and I can't refute any of it...  :laffs::bitchslap:

On 5/17/2021 at 5:04 AM, edgecrusher said:

Lol, yeah right. He doesn’t have one. Or a smart phone. His desktop is a Commodore 64. Low tech, low problems. High speed low drag.

No credit cards in this house - he nailed it.  I killed credit cards in 2008, and fighting those cocksuckers was something else.  If I don't have the money for it, I don't buy it - but I don't do anything on credit, for nothing.  Never will again, either.  "Smart" phones aren't.  Those companies can tell you anything they want about "encryption" - but they're not encrypted.  I hacked 'em for a living.  Did quite well at it, too - and that's why I won't have one.  Hack my "cloud" fuckers out there, because I don't have a cloud...  Had a Com 64, and that Vic 20 mentioned below, as a teenager.  That's where I learned, very early on. 

On 5/17/2021 at 5:57 AM, Belt Fed said:

:lmao: that's slightly better than the vic 20

Yeah ^^^  that, too!  WHAAAAT?!!?   :banana:  Made my own video games with a Vic 20.   Programmed all of them...   :thefinger:

On 5/17/2021 at 6:03 AM, Matt.Cross said:

He wouldn't have even upgraded to the Commodore if the cat hadn't chewed the beads off his abacus....

This, sadly, is true.  You need to be able to do EVERYTHING you do manually.  If you can't do it manually - you will get fucked when your batteries fail.  If you ONLY know how to do it with the tech aids - those won't last forever.  If you know how to do it manually - even running math on a notebook and a pen, with your brain (and math), and what you observe  - that won't fail you when the batteries die, or the electricity is cut off.

Estimate range, run ballistic solutions for your scope, for distance, wind, density altitude and your load...   Who cares if the batteries die? If you can do it on your own, it doesn't matter.

This all comes back to Land Navigation.  It does.  With a compass, protractor, and a map - and decades of experience with terrain association - I will beat your GPS device all day long.  I'll really beat it, once your batteries fail - and you don't know what I know, about Land Nav. 

This is the exact reason that I teach distance shooting the way that I do.  Only the basics, nothing more, learn the math, the factors, constants, and how to use them...   One day, tech will fail you.  If you know the math and the basics, and you're proficient at it - then the tech doesn't matter. You, at that point, will beat that guy, that relies on the tech all the time.  You win, he loses - because he just doesn't know the "simplistics" of it all. 

Thus endeth the Sermon for the night...   Learn, fuckers...   Learn...   :soap: