• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Accurized AR Match, 24Jul21

98Z5V

1 hour ago, BigNate said:

I was just surprised to find that @98Z5V had a strong opinion on something… 😷

4 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

😂🤣 yeah, considering he's so NON CONFRONTATIONAL 

I know Tom very well, and to describe him as an extreme pacifist would be an understatement. He must've just woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

I might be a goofball, but dammit, I have fun!:thefinger:

Yep…gotta swim against the current…I wasn’t gonna name any names. 

6 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I have a Dodge, a GMC and 2 Ford's.  I guess I have multiple personalities.

Naw. You’re just one of the normal ones…

On 8/3/2021 at 11:45 AM, DNP said:

Ford or Chevy?  9mm or .45?  Someone is always gonna be on the other side. And then there’s that one goofball… Driving a Dodge and packing a .40. 

On 8/2/2021 at 8:48 PM, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Looks great  @BigNate , can't wait for range report. 

Put a few rounds through it this morning…. The gun is better than me for sure.   These were my last two 3 shot groups (being OCD and cleaning the bore between the first 8 single shots - then a couple of 2 shot groups (you can see one under the tape in one of the pics) then 2 x 3 shot groups (the two pics).   Now I can work on toning the loose nut behind the scope.  I have no doubt that the gun is sub 1/2MOA  capable.  These were with the IMI 77gr “razor core” rounds.

1755D199-481E-4F2A-80B8-60E84AC00E2B.jpeg

F51BA3F8-30C2-4BBD-8CDE-3058AF3ABEFA.jpeg

Edited by BigNate

We tested the Sex Swing this morning, and IT IS RAD!  We shot off the "pro version" 2 weeks ago at the last match, LAST Saturday @JBMatt and DirtBike Tommy had this thing together.  Why not test it out?...   :laffs:   @BigNate came down to shoot with us, one of my local buddies came out, and Scuba Steve showed up with a new mortar.  One HELL of a morning.  Afterwards, we had some beers and pizza at a really cool local place that isn't very far from the SDTF.

I know you guys have only seen a very few, sparse teaser pics from Matt - but here it is.  Completely portable, easy setup and takedown, and doesn't weigh much...  BADASS...   :hail:

We tested it on the targets at 450, 500 and 600.  It's legit.

IMG_0485.thumb.JPG.1915bd160aa98be6668a917dff37ae4d.JPG

IMG_0487.thumb.JPG.ccdac21d9218fe027dc31a5d7eee5b67.JPG

Tommy gettin' BUSY!

IMG_0488.thumb.JPG.0055274e9f3000e37bec217ae6c465b9.JPG

IMG_0489.thumb.JPG.632445f62997b80e5483f3bc92702f64.JPG

Scuba Steve has a new mortar -it shoots pool balls...    He drills three holes in them, like a bowling ball, so it whistles like a bowling ball...   :banana:

IMG_0490.thumb.JPG.54b9d25bc033504234cb5f6e69ba81d5.JPG

The Sex Swing is at my place right now, and it's painted already.  Just got done, and it's dry already - so back together it went...

IMG_0493.thumb.JPG.5796d34fc892ea56a03d478dd7de3e0a.JPG

IMG_0494.thumb.JPG.71e9faf3c94f518ca73453819ebd29fc.JPG

Successful day, men.   :thumbup:

3 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

We tested the Sex Swing this morning, and IT IS RAD!  We shot off the "pro version" 2 weeks ago at the last match, LAST Saturday @JBMatt and DirtBike Tommy had this thing together.  Why not test it out?...   :laffs:   @BigNate came down to shoot with us, one of my local buddies came out, and Scuba Steve showed up with a new mortar.  One HELL of a morning.  Afterwards, we had some beers and pizza at a really cool local place that isn't very far from the SDTF.

I know you guys have only seen a very few, sparse teaser pics from Matt - but here it is.  Completely portable, easy setup and takedown, and doesn't weigh much...  BADASS...   :hail:

We tested it on the targets at 450, 500 and 600.  It's legit.

IMG_0485.thumb.JPG.1915bd160aa98be6668a917dff37ae4d.JPG

IMG_0487.thumb.JPG.ccdac21d9218fe027dc31a5d7eee5b67.JPG

Tommy gettin' BUSY!

IMG_0488.thumb.JPG.0055274e9f3000e37bec217ae6c465b9.JPG

IMG_0489.thumb.JPG.632445f62997b80e5483f3bc92702f64.JPG

Scuba Steve has a new mortar -it shoots pool balls...    He drills three holes in them, like a bowling ball, so it whistles like a bowling ball...   :banana:

IMG_0490.thumb.JPG.54b9d25bc033504234cb5f6e69ba81d5.JPG

The Sex Swing is at my place right now, and it's painted already.  Just got done, and it's dry already - so back together it went...

IMG_0493.thumb.JPG.5796d34fc892ea56a03d478dd7de3e0a.JPG

IMG_0494.thumb.JPG.71e9faf3c94f518ca73453819ebd29fc.JPG

Successful day, men.   :thumbup:

That is brilliant brother 🍺🍺

3 hours ago, DNP said:

Great it’s brown…how the hell are we gonna find it out there in the dirt?

That's why they put red straps on it...   :thumbup::laffs:

3 hours ago, DNP said:

And I notice the grass is pretty green. I need to come degrease a couple of quads. 

Okay, Nick...   :thefinger::lmao:   Last summer was brutal on the grass.  Last winter, my Rye took off and did great.  Rolling into this summer, the bermuda really didn't take off so well, with the early heat.  Couple weeks ago we got dumped on with rain, FINALLY...   Several days over a week.  That natural, real rain water made that shiit come back in force!   Now I gotta maintain it, and cut it twice a week before work. 

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

That is brilliant brother 🍺🍺

The brilliance came from Drunk Werks Garage...   :hail:   We talked about it on the phone, and I had metal.  Tommy said he'd need about 24 pieces, once I gave him the dimensions of what I had, and I had 27 pieces.  Those guys ROCKED the design on this thing - it is spectacular. 

Oooooh boy, and is it fun to shoot off of...  :banana:  Once we set it up at the Fall Shoot, it'll stay up.  Whenever you want, hop on and give it a whirl...   Collect your scoresheet afterwards, and just hang onto the best one. 

It’s amazing how much better stuff grows with water that isn’t full of chemicals and completely stripped of its nutrients. Check the level of salts in that stuff you’re spraying on your plants. 

A public service announcement. Now back to your regularly scheduled shenanigans. 

On 7/25/2021 at 3:35 PM, 98Z5V said:

After re-watching that vid of my gun moving that platform so much on the Stg 1 "wobble platform" so much...   5.56 isn't THAT much kick, right?!!?  It makes a difference, once seeing it.  It's the things that you pick up, along the way.  Had it not been for @JBMatt's vid, I wouldn't have known...

I have a regular old A2 on the end of that barrel.  I'll be installing a VG6 2-port brake on that thing, with the VG6 CAGE device.  I already run that combo on all the 6.5 Grendels, the .224 Valk, and the 6 ARC guns.  The only way I'll be able to tell the difference that it makes is to get back on that platform and shoot...  but it' makes a difference on those other guns...  

I put that VG6 5.56 Gamma 2-port brake on the gun today.   Matt made me get on the Sex Swing first this morning...  :laffs:  Cold bore on the Mk12, going for the 450, I hit it on the 2nd shot.  I was happy.  Right after that, I took that standard A2 off there, and installed the brake, and went back after it.  It was a pretty big difference...   Once I was settled on the Sex Swing, it was rapid-fire 5 in a row on steel on that 450.  Glad I made that change.  Hell, glad those guys at the match thought that demon-trap up in the first place and made us shoot off it, or it never would have been something I noticed or thought to change...  

Altitude out there is 1390 feet, at the SDTF.  When we started shooting, Density Altitude was around 3700 feet - it was a hot, humid morning.  By the time we were finished up, around 10:30am, Density Altitude was at 4400 feet.  It makes a difference.  It was a hot, sticky, successful morning to test all that stuff out.  :thumbup:

1 minute ago, DNP said:

It’s amazing how much better stuff grows with water that isn’t full of chemicals and completely stripped of its nutrients. Check the level of salts in that stuff you’re spraying on your plants. 

A public service announcement. Now back to your regularly scheduled shenanigans. 

Indeed!  I have to water longer here, just to saturate enough to flush the salt through - only water for a short time, and it's just throwing salt on the grass.  That natural rain water is LOADED with nitrogen - and that's why this stuff took off like it did.

• 2 months later...

It is by far the best scope I've owned.   That said - I'm quite green in that space - most of the glass I own is non-turreted stuff in the $299 range...   I have one "better grade" scope - a Vortex Viper HS (this guy https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-viper-hs-2-5-10x44-riflescope.html ) and there is zero doubt in my mind that I get a lot more out of the Arken than I do from the Vortex - certainly in terms of features  - and subjectively in terms of clarity of image etc.  I've not done a 1:1 comparison - but I've been pleasantly surprised at image clarity from the Arken.   My only complaint so far is that the eye box is "narrow" - but I don't know that this is better or worse that it is in other scopes of the same power.  

I do believe that the 6-24 is more suited to bench stuff than the Accurized AR match shoots that I've been doing with it so I picked up an Arken SH4 4-16 MIL that I'll start using out there next month.  The eye box on this one is more forgiving. 

I'll have both of them out at the fall shoot - happy to have @JBMatt or @98Z5V or some of the other guys use them a bit and give their more educated comparisons.