• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fire Fire Fire

Magwa

We are burning up here almost 2 months of triple digits has baked the landscape here I have never seen it this hot ,dry, and dangerous in over 40 years , yesterdau the bedrock fire started neat the town I live in Lenore..... we are on alert but all safe so far

https://lmtribune.com/northwest/lenore-residents-evacuated-as-fire-threatens/article_81766697-3fa1-5004-b28b-ad1af6c6faf2.html

12 hours ago, DNP said:

Fingers crossed. Stay safe. We’ll be praying for you all up there. 

if you have to load up for evac…make sure the dream rifle goes in the truck first. If there’s still room, family go next. 

Fixed it for you

any rain would be fine  the fire is about 12 thousand acres now and is about 3/4 the way around where I live still safe by 8 miles as long as the wind stays calm all is good . It is so hot it is exploding trees and we are getting ash and debri from the fire 8 miles away this picture is a leaf 2 inches long that floated over 8 miles Holy crap batman I am glad it was cool when it touched down there are pieces like this everywhere .....

IMG_20210815_184837685.jpg

I talked to JC today aka @MONTANA308 he’s up in the MO breaks, last I talked to hIm he had .4” since last oct and the got 1.5” last week. It’s dry as fuck here too, no fires thank good but I’ve mowed my lawn 3 times since Memorial Day, usually that’s a 2 times a week chore. It’s been hot since the end of may, I’m ready for fucking snow!!!! 

I’ve followed these guys in social media for a few years and they all amaze me, these pilots have balls the size of church bells! Spotter plane comes in ahead pops smoke and the tanker (a DC FUCKING 10) can drop water or retardant for up to a mile 

The BC interior, area north of @Magwa is still a hot spot with the majority of our 250 on going fires. Here in the coastal zone where I am we've gotten decent rainfalls and a drop in overall temps.

Hopefully Mike you're seeing some improvement.

These are longer being used but were/are impressive as hell

These are the Canadian purpose built CL-415, smaller payload but more maneuverable and use lakes the Martins can't

40 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

The BC interior, area north of @Magwa is still a hot spot with the majority of our 250 on going fires. Here in the coastal zone where I am we've gotten decent rainfalls and a drop in overall temps.

These are the Canadian purpose built CL-415, smaller payload but more maneuverable and use lakes the Martins can't

I saw that fly at EAA a few years back

9 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Yes the last two weeks have been in the 70's and low 80's and we have had rain sky's are clear around here for a change still have fingers crossed as we are not out of the woods yet but it is much better , those planes are impressive.....

God bless those pilots, hot and humid here rained a little but a lot of it just misses us. Cut back on mowing tires were beating up the grass. Cutting at 4". I feel guilty watering the lawn got the Nelson tractor that follows the hose seems to work without me going and repositioning the other sprinkler every 45 min. at about 9 times just for the front yard that has no trees no shade. Glad I can still get around.

On 8/17/2021 at 8:44 PM, 98Z5V said:

Have a plan to wet-down the teepee, brother, and protect your shiit.  If there was a way for me to send Wolf Girl in a bikini, to run that water hose, I would.   :thumbup:

I had that idea as well and just said fuk it and built a water wagon out of a IBC tank 275 gallons 5 hp pump and put a recirculater on it to get more pressure and keep the pump cool when not flowing water I can intake from either a pond or hose... and now it is cooled down must have scared the fires.. lol

IMG_20210823_180829362_HDR.jpg