• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sportsman's whearhouse.

sketch

I would like to know how the rest of the 27 states and 103 stores fare in the matter of purchasing a semi auto firearm, or any? 

My first and only purchase was as follows. ( my states gun laws suck big D also)

New store opens up, I hit it up a  couple months later just to let the dust settle. They have a ton of stuff, mostly easy to order on line but same prices.👍 Ammo ehh it's expensive so yeah they have it. 👍I'd compare it to a "smaller cabellas" without the party poppers and glitter.. it has whearhouse in the name.  

All the fishing gear looks great.  I haven't talked to that department yet..

So to get to the point. They had a IWI T7 asking me to do this dance and I obliged . I'm super excited to have my first bull pup, as I have been shaming them for some time.  I just didn't see a use? Well f×&# it let's go bran.. ya know the deal.  My new store has some off the street gun sales men and women that just don't know shits what they are talking about. 

Stolen Valor came to mind but I dono.  Ex p.o. ex mill. all didn't know shits what they were selling?!!!  I had to tell them about  the rifle and it's features. THIS IS A PETPEIVE FOR ME. sorry big letters. 

Then comes the paperwork ( it's on line/ no paper) I spent over an hour for the first initial purchase in store waiting and explaining.. and after 19 days and approved by God himself it took 56 minutes to get out the door.  They explained  to me the extra 12 double checks and 9 days was C.O. mandate. 

You've seen Braveheart right? I can't find the link, (the right of a knobelman in the kings honor or some shits like that) but it was a circle jerk on my already paid for rifle. These clowns were more excited for me to be part of their clique, than I was to run out the fuckin door.  

All that and the price was OK.  I have a 1-8 primary arms coming this week so we will do a range report as follows. 

What are your learning experiences from spwh? And I don't apologize to the noobs behind the counters. 🖕🍻🍻🇺🇸

20211123_144343.jpg

I have 4 that I deal with.  One in North Phoenix, one in Mesa, and one in Avondale, then the one in Tuscon.

The gun-counter kids piss me off, like you stated.  Most of them don't know shiit, and they are NOT gun-guys.  They don't have the experience.  So, I don't ask them questions, besides, "Gimme your powder book and tell me what powders you have in stock when I ask about specific ones..."   They're helpful at that.  I bought a set of Warne Maxima steel rings for the Win Mag there, and the kid asked what I was putting them on.  I told him a Rem 700 Long Range in .300 Win Mag, with the EGW 30 MOA rail, and a 6-24 scope with 56mm objective.  I had the Low rings that I needed. 

Well, dipshiit tried real hard to tell me that I needed Medium rings for that combination, and I told him he was wrong.  Then, he asked that the rifle was for.  "It's to shoot a mile, kid."  Then, he starts telling me everything involved in shooting a mile, and says that factory ammo won't get there.  I tell him I handload - and I'm getting pretty tired of the conversation by now, so I tell him to give me the fucking Low rings that are on that back wall.  He again had to chime in...   "They won't work..."  I'ma slap you right now if you don't give me what I just asked you to give me, punk.

So, the Low rings worked, the rail had me at a 500 yard zero, and I went back and told that shiithead that everything went great.  :thefinger:

I don't need their commentary on what I'm doing, and don't trust their gun advice.  But the store is good.   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

Getting this stick sorted out tomorrow. Edit 1-6 primaryarms  they have some decent budget glass as I obviously over did my income.. couple notes this little fuckers is a heavy bitch. Then add on the kit,  and I work out at the range #762.51!  I'll get back details tomorrow.  

Can't add pics. Mods? 

On 11/27/2021 at 1:52 AM, sketch said:

@Matt.Cross @shepp

Before you type anything in the reply box push submit reply and you’ll beable to post photos 

also all this is one of many reasons I don’t buy firearms from box stores. If any of you come down here I’ll bring you to dam road, it’s like 60 years of hun shop in a garage and it’s great. 

2A92DD5B-3E49-4F39-B01E-32AE129E3B85.jpeg

A8DA5B05-E1AA-40A5-B4C5-CD1F4F9728EA.jpeg

86390CC2-3A9E-4708-8604-22E08017D698.jpeg

We have one sportsman Warehouse in Lewiston Idaho takes about 10 min to buy a rifle or pistol If you are a CCW carrier just show it and fill out the paper form and out the door you go with out CCW takes a hour maybe or next day .... but that store has had a hard time getting any ammo but pretty good supply of iron....

Had fun today. Dialed it in but took some time getting used to. Rifle functions great. Trigger is ok kinda spongy. As was warned its gassy, and has no fast follow up shot due to recoil. Balanced a little better with the sig can on. There were no hiccups with adjustable gas and can. Crap ammo for break-in was about 2" at 100yds. Then I let loose wit the d60 mag and the can was... well fuckin 🔥 literally melted the nylon velcro straps on my heat shield. That was fun though.  Would show the set up but pics no worky? 

On 11/28/2021 at 4:10 AM, sketch said:

Had fun today. Dialed it in but took some time getting used to. Rifle functions great. Trigger is ok kinda spongy. As was warned its gassy, and has no fast follow up shot due to recoil. Balanced a little better with the sig can on. There were no hiccups with adjustable gas and can. Crap ammo for break-in was about 2" at 100yds. Then I let loose wit the d60 mag and the can was... well fuckin 🔥 literally melted the nylon velcro straps on my heat shield. That was fun though.  Would show the set up but pics no worky? 

Okay , here is how you do pics: while you are in the Reply to topic you need to type in something like Okay and click SUBMIT Reply when your post shows up  Look up in right upper for the three horizontal dots (...) and click on Edit. when edit screen comes up there will be a line added below your space that has CHOOSE FILES on the line, go into your files, open the file on your computer and it will be posted to your edited reply, click on SAVE.

LIKE so!....

now SUBMIT REPLY

when posting shows, find (...) and click on (...) and click on EDIT, then click on CHOOSE FILES, open the pic file and WALLA!

now click on SAVE

BTW (This pic is of our two rescued puppies at the dog groomers, she is a Christmas decorating freek, and a super dog groomer, she sent me this pic on her phone.

02dawgs.jpg

Edited by mrmackc

1 hour ago, DNP said:

Cute pups @mrmackc  

do you really have to “edit” in order to add pics from a pc?  I ask because I’m 99.999% phone. Slightly less percentage than my chances of not dying from covid. 

100% from my phone

Edited by sketch
Did the edit still no go

8 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Was that the Black Hills Gear brand? The 30 or the 60 round version? I haven't had an issue but never went past 30 rounds 5.56 or 20 on a 308.

D50 (308) I let loose about 40 rnds in 5 min trying to double tap steel at 100. BH Gear just the strap let loose the wrap was fine. 

Edited by sketch