• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Military training

unforgiven

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Busy around here.  We had a match last Saturday, and I tried them out for the first time.  They blow the Walker Silencer 2.0s out of the water.  Excellent ear-pro.  I'll need another set. Because.  Amazing hearing quality - you have 3 levels that you can maximize for normal-voice level, and the hearing protection when things go Boom is better than the Silencers.  The higher you crank the normal-voice level, does not impact what they do for attenuating gunshots.  They're outstanding. 

Very interested in updates. I have Walker ear buds now but they block gunshot noise and talking, but the biggest issue is that they only last approx 4 hours then die. That's the pits!

The ProEars state 10 hours. That's more like it.

Don't know if I need the latest and greatest like you folks got. I'm thinking the $70 unit will do everything I want. 

Okay, so I left a review, might take a couple days for them to approve it and publish it - but I noticed that the email said it was until July 11th, or while supplies last.  I snatched another set of these, and it stated that there were 2 left in stock...

If you guys get this email from them, do a review, get another set now before they're gone, because they were $136 shipped, and get here Thursday the 30th...   :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

I was really surprised they just dismissed me out of hand. No trouble shooting advice, no "send them in we'll take a look", nothing except "Buy another pair if you want, they're on sale now". Not use to that kind of response in the shooting industry. 

I have 4 of their products, 2 Pro Ear Gold, bought the second set as a backup because the first set was squealing a little bit when volume turned up after a few years, 3rd set of Gold "Pink" for the woman, fine so far, and these. So 2 out of 4 have issues. Not going for 5, life's too short.  Finding another brand. 

If I'm going too throw money away might as well try something new. 

https://goaxil.com/products/sig-sauer-gs-extreme?variant=39741145612347&srsltid=AfmBOoraXeHIKLDntsnCxO-MUs4IIFhCYmXj65pcoVs7jIKTmb9Je8dE0gU&com_cvv=8fb3d522dc163aeadb66e08cd7450cbbdddc64c6cf2e8891f6d48747c6d56d2c

I've got some other sig electronic stuff, BDX rangefinder binos, scope, CS is great.

22 hours ago, Albroswift said:

Just received a "Tough luck, but we are running a sale right now if you want to buy a new one...." email.

That'll be the day. 

I would never recommend Pro Ears to anyone! I had a pair of their ear muffs several years ago and one side quit working. I sent them in for repair and they called me and told me that the electronics in BOTH sides needed to be replaced! I told them that if both sides needed to be replaced it was because they fukked them up, one side worked fine went I sent them in. I asked for a manager and raised so much hell with him that I got a new pair with a substantial discount, otherwise I wouldn't have even messed with them. That pair has held up okay but they don't get used a lot. Their customer service sucks big time!