• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lets see your AR-15

imschur

I can understand your sentemental attachment. I had a chance to buy a carry handle Colt AR  back in the 80's for next to nothing and passed on it. I regret that decision to this day. It would probably be  more valuable than any of the ones I've put together since, certainly more collectable.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SBR (10") RRA with QSM titanium suppressor, plus AR57 upper (10.5") with SWR suppressor.

AR-57 eh? How does that thing shoot? Compared to the .22LR rifles, is it worth while in any way? Or should I sai, does it fit any gap betwen the .22LR and 5.56?

I've been kinda interested in one of these but I'm skeptical if it's worth the $.

IMG_3949.jpg

That is SOOOO cute in soooo many ways!!!

I really like shooting the AR-57.  I went with the 11" upper so when I put a can on there it isn't terribly long.  It shoots great, can't really speak to accuracy much as I've never really tried to get any kind of grouping out of it - I just plink with it.  Love the bottom eject though, I hollowed out an old polymer 30-round mag, sliced the top off with a dremel and it serves as a brass catcher.    8)

AR-57 eh? How does that thing shoot? Compared to the .22LR rifles, is it worth while in any way? Or should I sai, does it fit any gap betwen the .22LR and 5.56?

I've been kinda interested in one of these but I'm skeptical if it's worth the $.

• 1 month later...

Im a minimalist and someone that trys to always purchase only those things that serve more than one purpose. What is the pupose of this arsenal? Is it just becuase you like collecting them or what? What cant you do with one that you can do with the others? Just curious..

Different setups do certain things better.  It's simple.

Here's most of mine.  The only one that's not a 5.56 gun is the top one in the pic, and that's the .308.  I just finished another one that's not in the pic, and I have two more stripped lowers to build, both of which are already planned out.

EdgeMeet.jpg

i remember that day.

Im a minimalist and someone that trys to always purchase only those things that serve more than one purpose. What is the pupose of this arsenal? Is it just becuase you like collecting them or what? What cant you do with one that you can do with the others? Just curious..

the point is you can have a 14.5" bbl with a muzzle break for your combat carbine and a 24" precision rig for just that, both specializing in what they do, but who wants to clear the house with a 24" gun or shoot distance without heavy magnified optics. you said in another post you are an ak guy,you think you can ring steel at 1000yds with one, say in five shots? probably not unless you have practiced. bet it would be easier with a rifle built for it.

Where did i say i was an AK guy? I dont even own one and wouldnt waste my money on one. weird. Ill have to review my post. Anyways, Point is everything you just stated can be accomplished with one rifle with little compromise. I know this because my dad has built two already. Im in the process of building mine soon. But anyways, nice guns. I was just curious.

Hey, henmar, check this out.  Even the military discovered this, all on their own - Special Operations had to help the regular army (and navy, air force, marines) along with this one, or the Bigger Force never would have figured it out.

One gun can't do it all.

M16, and varients - for a long time, that was it.

M4 - shorter, through necessity.

SPR - the original "Special Purpose Receiver." - It didn't take long for it to turn into a whole rifle, and not just a "receiver."

Mk 18 - and even shorter M4, because that is necessary, too.

Sniper rifles have evolved, and there are many - the "enhanced M14" was brought out of mothballs, reworked, and is reissued now.  The M21 was the M14 put through the "National Match" upgrades, and it's back again - and never left in alot of units. The bolt guns have MANY different iterations out there now.

ONE RIFLE...  can't do everything.

Are you getting this?

I just bought a new bolt gun that can come close - it doesn't do anything greatly, but in a generality, it could do alot of things okay.  It's not a semi-auto AR platform, either.

because you have to play within the rules of barrel length, twist and bullet grain.

if there's a multipurpose build out there that can run ALL  5.56/.223 ammo variations(50 to 100grain) in a 1/9 twist 14.5 incher equipped with a 1-50x55 optic and maintain accuracy for a 600yarder target, I'd say sell that thing to the mil.

edit:

or maybe...... he hasn't gotten over his addiction yet thats why he's got diffirent ones :P... mine's just on the early stage LOL

ill play. RRA. ACE skeleton stock. Clark Custom carbon FF tube. i had it set up with  4X scope on the rail and a cheapo red dot mounted at 45* on the tube. traded some stuff for the Eotec and i love it so i scrapped the old setup. using a GG&G rail extender because the Eotec feels a little too low without it. might put my Larue 7" quad rail back on it so i can run some BUS, but i like the way the carbon looks/feels. nothin special but she runs good and i like her :)

SNC00684.jpg?gl=US

shucks guys, thanks. Jgun: its a miculek brake. i didnt glue the tube on there, just pounded it on and its stupid tight. to be honest im thinking i might have to cut the damn thing off if i ever decide to go back to the larue. it has a carbine length gas tube with a "modded" (read hacked) standard sight post gas block. and the tasty RRA 2 stage trigger. might be neat to grab one of those DPMS carbon tubes from JSE for my .308. then id have twins and could name them danny and arnold.