Lets see your AR-15

imschur

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My newest M4.  I wanted one with the pencil barrel and I wanted one of the new Colts with the newer configurations.  This one done by the TALO folks cinched it for me.  It is the TALO Colt LT6720-R and I purchased mine from Gun Brokers in case anyone is interested.  Moderators I hope I did not break any rules by stating where I purchased it!

post-37-136297271963_thumb.jpg

post-37-136297271965_thumb.jpg

post-37-136297271967_thumb.jpg

post-37-136297271969_thumb.jpg

post-37-13629727197_thumb.jpg

post-37-136297271972_thumb.jpg

I thought so too.  It has a 1:7 twist 16" pencil barrel, M16 BCG (full-auto), Troy 10" free-float quad rail; Magpul MBUS front and rear Gen 2 sights, forward handgrip, MOE pistol grip, 2 X 30 rd Pmag, 2 X QD sling swivels; and the Bill Rogers Super-stoc which Colt is now using on their M4s I think.  It is an overall very nice package for the money.

• 10 months later...

I just posted this in the side-charge thread, so should post here too!

It's my more recent build.  6.5 Grendel/264 LBC, Tactical Machining 80% lower, LAR Grizzly OPS4 side charge upper.  AA bolt, Polygonal barrel (from that one place that apparently shall remain un-named), Magpul PRS stock, custom billet grip, gas block, barrel nut, hand guard and trigger guard.  DPMS 2-stage trigger.

IMG_1580.JPG

IMG_1581.JPG

IMG_1583.JPG

Thanks all.  Sanding and polishing -I don't like.  And it's completely impractical for anything other than being different.  Altho my buddy pointed out that if you send your wife out on patrol, she can check her makeup while on maneuvers.  Or might be good for blinding zombies in bright sunlight.  It's probably best classified as Anti-Tactical.

Yeah, my wife likes to cook and I like to build guns.  If she gets what she wants, I sometimes get to build something I want.  Once in a while.  <lmao>

I have a Tactical Machining TM-10 lower (DPMS pattern) and a custom billet side charge upper.  The lower is done and polished.  I'm dreading the sanding on the upper.  But the idea is/was a polished pair, one "little" and one "big".  I need a barrel and a 308 BCG to get that build back on track.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey brother flatwins how do you like that rear sight? First itme I have seen it.Does it co-witness with the Aimpoint?

The jury is still out on that sight. I got a deal on it from my local forum and am still getting used to it. It is adjustable for windage but not elevation and I feel the aperture is slightly too large. It co-witnesses ok with the Aimpoint. Not sure how long it will stay on there.  :)

flatwins, for elevation adjustable rear flip-ups, I'm a big fan of the MATECH rear that's issued to the troops right now.  You can do 200~600 with it, and it's a good one.  It's not as nice as the KAC variant, but it's not nearly the price of the KAC variant, either.  Those are the only two elevation-adjustable flip-up rears that I know of.  <thumbsup>