The next Black Rifle Build. .45 ACP

98Z5V

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I gotta say I’m pretty impressed with that oly upper, before I came last fall I slapped a rear sight on it that I had laying around. Got down to the SSDL put it on my .556 lower and banged that small 50 yard pistol gong with it right away. 

• 4 weeks later...

Instead of starting my own I’m just going to add to this thread.

i got my lower tonight, got the trigger safety, pivot pins and buffer tube on. Waiting for my roll pin tools to show up and it looks like I need a spring for the custom mag release ( @98Z5V I emailed Justin but was it suppose to come with a spring for the mag catch or is that a standard release spring?) also for got to get a trigger guard so I’ll have to get that coming too. 

Got SI viper furniture, BCM pistol grip and buffer system 

6DC8CF2E-A94F-47F6-91BC-4A79CCD89198.jpeg

02126789-4677-4ACA-9734-856BB5BC395E.jpeg

2B9FCA84-5C10-457F-978E-CCF315310D4D.jpeg

8C0A577C-4541-4907-8C31-039A8DD97BDF.jpeg

698DFF07-A8FA-47EB-A94C-BE4B531B1506.jpeg

Edited by shepp

12 minutes ago, shepp said:

No I haven’t, I even have a brace and buffer tube in the closet 

Then as long as you bought the lower separate from a rifle upper you can swap out for the pistol tube without issue, just get a pistol barrel. Without reloading I don't think you can gain much past a 7-8 inch barrel anyway. And of course you'll need a can for that beast! :evil:

15 minutes ago, shepp said:

No I haven’t, I even have a brace and buffer tube in the closet 

shits son thats right the x39 is just a nice ( folding) truck gun!.. now that 300 blk is on the board again hmm ahmm scuse me ( silencer) ahh ok how about a nice compact backpack cal.. 

3 hours ago, shepp said:

( @98Z5V I emailed Justin but was it suppose to come with a spring for the mag catch or is that a standard release spring?) 

Standard mag catch spring.  I have spare roll pins for this thing - I can give you the length/diameter dimensions, and you can Ace Hardware it, for the correct one. Lemme know.

Don't listen to the short barreled guys, brother.  This 16" barrel has you ringing steel centermass hold, at 200 yards. 

WITH A .45 ACP ROUND...   :thumbup:

It's not even loud, either - because it starts out at subsonic...   :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

9 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Standard mag catch spring.  I have spare roll pins for this thing - I can give you the length/diameter dimensions, and you can Ace Hardware it, for the correct one. Lemme know.

Don't listen to the short barreled guys, brother.  This 16" barrel has you ringing steel centermass hold, at 200 yards. 

I’ve got 3-4 pins just no spring, I’ll get one coming with my trigger guard. Thank you sir

Woody guns ROCK!  Everybody online (ARF) thought I was a jackass for doing it to a real National Match 20" AR.  IN 2010 or 2011.  Bad comments everywhere.

Battle Arms makes a PDW Woody, and the ARF fanboys are all over it...  :laffs::thumbup:

Do it, brother.  There is NEVER enough wood...

Edited by 98Z5V

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Umm, we did that already last fall with 1911’s