• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Need more MOA on my LR 6.5 CM

Ok I have finished my Creedmoor upper and it shoots outstanding less than 1/2 inch at 100 yards and I put on it the Vortex HST 5 to 25 that I had on the Ruger precision rifle But the Ruger had a 20 MOA rail so my Larue 111 mount has no MOA built in so with the new 6.5 upper it is also flat  I only have 25 MOA left for dial up that will NOT work need more so any suggestions? on the best way to do it ?

I have never seen a vortex hst 5x25 . I have seen the hs model's and they are all 30 mm tubes along with the pst line . An optic with a 34 mm tube will give you more elevation adjustment . I Do have a Burris ar mount that has 20 moa built in . your only option is to use a 20 moa mount and I would suggest a vortex venom 5x25 with a 34 mm tube or a vortex strike eagle 5x25 with a 34 mm tube .  I have a vortex 5x25x56 strike eagle and it has a ton of adjustment , I also have a strike eagle 3x18x44 that also has a 34 mm tube and it has even more adjustment . You may be able to squeak by with a vortex pst gen 2 it has  30 mm tube but a lot of adjustment as well . If you google ar15 scope mount with 20 moa several pop up .

11 hours ago, Magwa said:

Ok I have finished my Creedmoor upper and it shoots outstanding less than 1/2 inch at 100 yards and I put on it the Vortex HST 5 to 25 that I had on the Ruger precision rifle But the Ruger had a 20 MOA rail so my Larue 111 mount has no MOA built in so with the new 6.5 upper it is also flat  I only have 25 MOA left for dial up that will NOT work need more so any suggestions? on the best way to do it ?

You can get the LaRue LT-745 in 20 MOA - and nobody knows about that mount, so it's always in stock...   :laffs:

Wow, this is fuckin' WEIRD...   I run Firefox as a browser with DuckDuckGo loaded as my search engine.  I type in LaRue LT-745 and here are the results.  Under the images section, MY GUN comes up...   :lmao:

Check it:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=LaRue+LT-745&t=newext&atb=v364-1&ia=web

This is the direct image:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=LaRue+LT-745&iax=images&ia=images&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.308ar.com%2Fuploads%2Fmonthly_2022_08%2FIMG_0892.JPG.6503666047518aa14f84e33e2cd2f856.JPG&t=newext&atb=v364-1

Anyway - here's the mount on LaRue's website brother.  Just select 20 MOA, your 30mm ring size, and run with scissors.  It's the exact same price now for the bolt-down Legacy VFZ mounts as it is the the QD lever mount, so just get the QD version.  VFZ mounts used to be $50 cheaper, but not in these times anymore.  Basically, the QDs are free now...  

On 3/25/2023 at 2:39 PM, Magwa said:

Ok I have to sell my LT111 to get my 745 mount or trade anyone interested?

18 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

PM me your shipping address please Mike.

@Magwa, ,normally, if I saw somone state that over a request, I'd say RUN!  However, since it's Matt, I'd trust it.

I think something like this ended up with Roman receiving a chocolate dick in the mail, and it was someone sneaky and nefarious.  :lmao:

I wouldn't expect anything like that from Matt...   :thumbup:

17 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I have only sent you Star Trek related tshirts...so far.

I feel a bruise on his horizon...  :laffs:

A mushroom-stamped bruise...   that looks like this...   :lmao:

bday_open_800x_43ce1a85-5ef2-433d-9077-dd04a71b31da_2048x.jpg?v=1587593872

If he's not about that, then he can kiss your ass...   too...  Chocolate buttholes...  :laffs::banana:

https://dicksbymail.com/collections/chocolate-dicks/products/eat-my-ass-chocolate-buttholes-a-valentines-treat

Eat My Ass Chocolate Buttholes - A Sweet Treat

13 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

I'm sure no one here would ever suspect you of trying ti instigate anything :popcorn:

I'm completely innocent in 99.9% of the shiit that's talked here.  It's SUPER easy for someone to "drive-by" me, and try to implicate me into just about ANY topic that comes up. That's history on this board.  I've said enough, for "enough snippets to come up..."

In the end, I can always get myself out of it...  and you fukkers are to blame...   :lmao::banana:

That's called "Plausible Deniability" right there...   :thefinger:

Where I'm never against a good joke.....a good ribbing.....a gag some might say around here. A chocolate dick, ass, tits, vag or anything else would just be wasted on someone like myself. For one, I don't eat sweets of any kind (I don't even have any sugar in my house). So anything chocolate would go straight in the trash. No additional thought given to it.  And two.........................................................well........................................................:thefinger:

Oh my!!!! how this thread has taken a dive ......Ok all you instigating Fukers I will take my chances with Matt cause we have a understanding.... it is a well A...A  we see things different than most folks Hey besides if you don't get up and run with the big dogs the scenery never changes.........you degenerates !    🙂😁

On 3/26/2023 at 8:54 PM, Rsquared said:

Where I'm never against a good joke.....a good ribbing.....a gag some might say around here. A chocolate dick, ass, tits, vag or anything else would just be wasted on someone like myself. For one, I don't eat sweets of any kind (I don't even have any sugar in my house). So anything chocolate would go straight in the trash. No additional thought given to it.  And two.........................................................well........................................................:thefinger:

THEN!...   Send it to Kate!  RE-gift it, you uptight bastard!  :thefinger:

She'll eat the chocolate dick, or the assholes, or whatever chocolate.  She won't care what the shape is, because she's not as cranky as you, ya old fuqr...   :banana:

Ok all you nay sayers my package arrived and it was NOT a chocolate Dick or A$$hole  it was 20 MOA of goodness that i intend to put to very good use on some unaware steel... You know sometimes in life it happens that we get blown off our feet by the generosity of others it revives the soul to know these people are still out there , from the bottom of my heart I thank you  Matt Cross I love giving stuff away to others I think this world needs more of it in these days.....