• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

2,000 yards is in the books, men!

98Z5V

1 hour ago, JBMatt said:

We're gonna need Llama's or Donkeys to haul our shiit all the way out there! :laffs:

We hire Sherpas...   :banana:

If we push from the 609 shelf, out to the old 1,000 target from the Tank, it's 1.44 miles, 2534 yards...

Trajectory well south of camp, the camp is the red circle below...

2534yards1.44miles.thumb.jpg.123df2ff867fd2d29768b4a6c1736718.jpg

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Just don't know if I can afford the ammo.

That's the thing.  Having the rig is cool, but then ya gotta feed it!  Gun Pusher is having that same dilemma with his 375 Cheytac.  Bad ass rig, but DAMN it's hungry!

21 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Kinda thinking about this one. Just don't know if I can afford the ammo.

https://grabagun.com/savage-110-precision-flat-dark-earth-338-lapua-24-barrel-5-rounds.html

I was loading Hornady 285s into the 338LM for about $1.90 a shot.  It's 90 grains of powder, so you only get about 75 rounds loaded per pound of powder. 

I want a Barrett MRAD, but I'm looking hard at the Savage 110 Precision Elite right now.  Model 57562.

image.thumb.jpeg.8abdf5b14f4551306e7afd7e7a5562f4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3ea35b75df10770feb71e6371ab89b77.jpeg

Edited by 98Z5V

On 2/5/2024 at 4:30 AM, Magwa said:

Operation Maple Syrup Redux!

I'll have to come up with a unique name for the new gun

On 2/5/2024 at 6:45 AM, JBMatt said:

@Cunuckgaucho  I approve of 7PRC, for sure!  I don't have much experience with 7mm projectiles, but all the math I've seen there's a strong argument that its the "perfect" bullet.  I have a 33" barrel blank in 7mm that I'm trying to figure out what I want to have it chambered in.  7PRC is on my short list along with 7 SAUM and 7 WSM.  Build that thing and help me make up my mind! :hornet:

I suspect after the spring shoot I'll be jonesing for something a bit extra so there is a good chance of a 7PRC for fallshoot

On 2/5/2024 at 8:05 PM, 98Z5V said:

I'm not instigating...  I'm just sayin'...   :banana::lmao:

504395d82a5287c0faad884dec93e5f4.jpg.c8d45698ba8814779ebc11b5de824b22.jpg

12 hours ago, Rsquared said:

This is why I got the conversion kit for my MRAD. So I can run either 338 LM or 300 WinMag,

Don't change the barrel, brother.  Don't.  Leave the .338 Lapua barrel in it.  We're gonna be so far beyond what a Win Mag can do, soon, that you'll just piss yourself off if you change it, then have to change it back to .338...  :banana:

We started with a standard IPSC for the mile, as that was the only "big" target we had.  Now we're running a 24x36 out there.  We'll use that for 2,000 and I'll have a 30" circle made for the mile by the time the Fall Shoot gets here.

• 2 weeks later...

Headed out next weekend, to shake out @JBMatt's final load on his .300 Win Mag.  Wish us luck - that we don't suck!  :lmao:

It's already in the bag - it'll just be better.  Less dial, less effort, less...  everything.  The dope is already there, proven, so this is gonna be MORE FUN!!!   :banana:

Well, this weekend wasn't as successful as our last attempts at the 2K. In our defense, the wind was a lil crazy. From 0 mph to 10-15, from most all the directions. Very switchy, very gusty. The wind tape was wrapped around the t-posts a dozen times. Lol

This impact was on shot 11. Chasing the wind all over the place. A little bit o luck played a part, I'm sure. 

@98Z5V and Karen both flung at it without impacts. Both of them were all over it. Quite a few misses less than a foot off plate. It was spicy! We'll be ready to go again here in a couple weeks. I'll work on the load and try to get the SD's into single digits. Right now they're averaging 12 running 2,880 fps. 

20240302_184727.jpg

11 hours ago, JBMatt said:

Well, this weekend wasn't as successful as our last attempts at the 2K. In our defense, the wind was a lil crazy. From 0 mph to 10-15, from most all the directions. Very switchy, very gusty. The wind tape was wrapped around the t-posts a dozen times. Lol

This impact was on shot 11. Chasing the wind all over the place. A little bit o luck played a part, I'm sure. 

@98Z5V and Karen both flung at it without impacts. Both of them were all over it. Quite a few misses less than a foot off plate. It was spicy! We'll be ready to go again here in a couple weeks. I'll work on the load and try to get the SD's into single digits. Right now they're averaging 12 running 2,880 fps. 

20240302_184727.jpg

My name is Magwa! and I approve this message!

My big revelation for the weekend was seeing a 14.5" 5.56 Carbine running first-round impacts at 450 and 600 yards.  WITH A RED DOT.  75gr loads were going 2703fps out of that thing. From a 14.5"!!!

It was a spectacle to see, that's for damn sure.  :thumbup::hail:

That 2k was a motherfucker.  Well, the wind was.  I hope it's not like that in a couple weeks, because that was rough.  It wasn't frustrating - it was eye-opening, with all that wind in so many different directions.  I was spotting most of it, seeing wind coming at us from the target streamers - good, don't have to account for that.  However, somewhere between the platform, and the target, the mirage was straight horizontal.  You know that's 10mph.  Then it would disappear - that's the FUK YOU! wind...  north of 12mph.  Then it would come right back, flat waves...   It was nuts.  But great!  :banana:

On the plus side of all that...   2,250 yards is plotted out.  We have the location.   :thumbup: