Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some of it is sweet breads and tripe. The traditional argentine short rip cut. A boneless leg of lamb, some bacon wrapped filet mignon. can’t remember all the Argentine meat cuts, but they tend to be thicker than ours. Some shrimp are on there too I think. I tried tripe and sweet breads down there. They are pretty good.

Pork tenderloin on sale, did not have time to fire up the smoker, so crock pot it is! dry rub, apple cider vinegar sallots, serrano peppers and poblano peppers. just let her hit 190°F - 200°F, Let her rest (40 min - 1) and time to pull.  Add BBQ sauce or whatever makes you happy.

20180423_123413.jpg

20180423_183448.jpg

Edited by GoodByNAair

Sisco   Franklin's bbq has a large following lines around his joint every day......ive seen his videos and Frankly his stuff suks in my view all he does is rub with salt and pepper  ...typical hill country bbq just like Coopers and Ingrams..me and Char have traveled the Texas bbq trail when we go down to the Hill Country ....overated !   Chars old bosses nephew was a Franklin big green egg guy....we would contest each other bout once a month ...Char would bring our stuff to work and so would he...and let the big bosses judge...he never ever won....:thumbup:   that aint no brag...Wash

just look at the cover picture...that's some dried out tuff brisket right there    lol

Edited by washguy

While most folks like it low and slow, it seems for me high and fast works very well.275-325 till internal temp reaches 160, then wrap in butcher paper preferably( foil works) till internal temp reaches 200-205, then pull, set in a cooler and LET IT REST for  about 2 hrs or until you can leave your hand on it for longer than 5 seconds. Have yet to be disappointed and both dry and wet come out moist and juicy.

On 4/28/2018 at 11:22 AM, washguy said:

Sisco   Franklin's bbq has a large following lines around his joint every day......ive seen his videos and Frankly his stuff suks in my view all he does is rub with salt and pepper  ...typical hill country bbq just like Coopers and Ingrams..me and Char have traveled the Texas bbq trail when we go down to the Hill Country ....overated !   Chars old bosses nephew was a Franklin big green egg guy....we would contest each other bout once a month ...Char would bring our stuff to work and so would he...and let the big bosses judge...he never ever won....:thumbup:   that aint no brag...Wash

just look at the cover picture...that's some dried out tuff brisket right there    lol

I agree with Wash, most of the current Franklin crowd are typical new day Austinites, snowflakes!

they now goes to big volume sales, quality isn't what it was 15 years or 20 years ago. we can do better at home with good quality meats. 

5 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

they now goes to big volume sales, quality isn't what it was 15 years or 20 years ago. we can do better at home with good quality meats. 

EXACTLY    MrMac    Home Sweet Home        :thumbup:     ill never forget Coopers in Llano...we ordered a couple slices of brisket one rib some potato salad   bill was a lil over 30 bills....WTF?    Oh the beans are free...fukkin A   nasty salted down brisket....I posted on yelp and got skinned alive then banished...:laffs: for saying Coopers wasn't all that         :banana:    Wash

Ever heard of  Salt Lick BBQ? I like their rub, they are in Texas somewhere.

i have five food storage packs of shredded pork barbeque in the freezer after today. My son in Minneapolis has already put dibs on two of them.

Edited by Sisco

31 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Ever heard of  Salt Lick BBQ? I like their rub, they are in Texas somewhere.

i have five food storage packs of shredded pork barbeque in the freezer after today. My son in Minneapolis has already put dibs on two of them.

I’ve been making 2-3 butts at a time then vac sealing it for making enchiladas or Cuban rice and beans etc. put them in 1# bags, I just ran out so I need to do some more here soon 

pork looks great! I’m sitting here mouth watering 

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic