imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Going to make ribs Saturday, anyone have a good rub recipe

Hey Shepp     slather ribs with yellow mustard....use cabellas sweet rib rub....and mcormick sweet and smoky rub and some brown sugar

refridge overnite....best you have ever tasted      Wash

Well wash I was able to get those rubs, but I found a recipe in one of the books I have. Turned out pretty damn good, used the yellow mustard method this time, think I like it better then veg oil

Yeppers Shepp    the yellow mustard holds the rub without giving any taste.....did you foil the ribs ?

char and I scored a Wagu beef brisket 11lbs two days ago and we are rubbing it right now :))

the butcher said dont be mad at him when we get hooked on this Wagu beef....it was 85 bills....for freakin brisket!

going to put it on at 2am.....will you give me a wake up call? Oh btw my circuit board went out last week on the smoker....they sent one free and also a gasket for the pellet box..... 4 hours later it was done....I just had to pull out the auger and see what makes it tick :))    so we are waiting on 2am   ha!      wash

No foil, maybe ill try that next time. About 30-45 min before I took them off I put a thin layer of BBQ sauce over them and turned the heat down from 225 to 190 damn near could have ate them without sauce once they hit the table

Way To go Shepp!    Houston we have a problem!  put the 90 dollar brisket on at 2am.....woke up at 7am to check on it....the freakin smoker had stopped...Daaaamn.......temp was 80 degrees internal and 80 extrenal....no pellets in firebox just dead!

started it up agasin and smoke was coming out of pellet hopper...the hopper has to be pressured....its got a fan that does that...and it was dead!    so Apollo13 came to mind. :banana: Wash    found a 110 volt small fan in garage...put it in pellet hopper...got pressure...Houston

we can make it home!

IMG_0629_zps80a45973.jpg

IMG_0625_zps541d2c1f.jpg

Edited by washguy

Thanks Rene!     That was some engineering ::)      So at the 14 hour mark the brisket was just bout at right temp and the fan I rigged up suffered heat exhaustion and the motor burnt up :)) ....let the brisket rest for an hour and then man o man best one yet!

Shepp dont get wagyu. you will be hooked for life!....it was like butter.....im hooked...but close to 90 bills for 11 pounds....damn.....i was so tired i didnt even take pics of the finished piece but heres what the raw meat looked like    Wash

pic is underside...good marble ....the fat cap was great looking too

th_IMG_0622_zps3cd6882b.jpg

Hi Rene thanks for the props! :)) seeems like my best smoking is when the plan goes to hell!

Wash

My plan kinda went to hell Saturday I ended up ruining two chickens on the grill I won't be useing that recipe again.... At least they're cheap :)

• 2 months later...

Italian dressing on meat is soooo good.

I like to marinate chicken boob in that or raspberry vinaigrette

I'm going to try bacon wrapped sweet corn this weekend. Finally have local sweet corn available

Edited by shepp

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic