Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. Habaneros are what I feed guests and people I want to be nice to. Lol. Done this way they seem to be more sweet to me than hot. If I want them hot I make poppers w Yellow 7 pod peppers. Those....pain. Delicious, mouth numbing, drooling pain.

Do you remove all the ribs in the hobeneros?

Made dirty rice stuffed Pablonos and shrimp on the grill tonight. Think poblonos are my new favorite pepper and I've got a few dozen of them in the garden. What I don't use I'm drying and going to make ancho powder with

• 2 weeks later...

Do you remove all the ribs in the hobeneros?

Made dirty rice stuffed Pablonos and shrimp on the grill tonight. Think poblonos are my new favorite pepper and I've got a few dozen of them in the garden. What I don't use I'm drying and going to make ancho powder with

I never remove the ribs/placenta, that's where all the magic comes from. :) . Habaneros and scotch bonnets are sweet to me when grilled/cooked and don't hit me anywhere close to certain types of jalapeños. I also do the poppers w real super hots like yellow 7pods, ghost chili, and Butch T scorpions. Those are truly hot. Especially the butch t. I'm definitely a fire eater though. Everything I make has a to have something habanero or hotter in it for me to even register it anymore.

I never remove the ribs/placenta, that's where all the magic comes from. :) . Habaneros and scotch bonnets are sweet to me when grilled/cooked and don't hit me anywhere close to certain types of jalapeños. I also do the poppers w real super hots like yellow 7pods, ghost chili, and Butch T scorpions. Those are truly hot. Especially the butch t. I'm definitely a fire eater though. Everything I make has a to have something habanero or hotter in it for me to even register it anymore.

Yea I'd be singing Johnny Cash for a week

I grew pablano's this year I really like them going to make ancho powder with the ones I don't use

I love pablano peppers.

When I lived in my old house I had a huge pepper garden in the backyard. I grew everything from super hots on down to cute little Pequin chili. It's hard to say what I miss growing the most but pablano is way Up on the list. I love using them for chili rellono. The smell of roasting pablano is heavenly. Every weekend morning during harvest season I'd go pick 2-3 of them and my wife would make me amazing breakfast w them.

I can't wait to move out of my current place and back into something w the space for a garden.

I love pablano peppers.

When I lived in my old house I had a huge pepper garden in the backyard. I grew everything from super hots on down to cute little Pequin chili. It's hard to say what I miss growing the most but pablano is way Up on the list. I love using them for chili rellono. The smell of roasting pablano is heavenly. Every weekend morning during harvest season I'd go pick 2-3 of them and my wife would make me amazing breakfast w them.

I can't wait to move out of my current place and back into something w the space for a garden.

They're becoming my favorite too and will be back in my garden next year

Yea hobeneros are to hot for me I stuff jalapeños with all kinds of things wrapped in bacon . This year I grew pablanos and have been stuffing them with different cheeses or beans and rice with sausage and wrapping them in foil and grilling them really like them!

duck poppers my fav!! :drool:

• 2 weeks later...

4-4.5# farm raised free range, 5 hours 225* I shoulda only went 4-4.5 the breast was a touch dry but I'm a thigh and leg man myself. Gf says to me do we have time to do another one tonight lol

Ps I had some of that worchstashire sauce apple juice mix left over In the fridge from the last time I made a butt so I dumped it in the water pan bout half half with water

Edited by shepp

My moms bought locally raise and butchered farm birds for years so much better!!! Less fat bled out so you don't get all the black stringy poop like the store, and not injected with who knows what!

I agree Jon whole different ball game so much better, granted your going to pay more but totally worth it

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic