Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im doing a couple of small pork tenderloins this weekend...... rubbing rasberry chipolte rub and pecan rub on them.....theres two of them tie em together and be sure to rub the inside layer...only takes bout an hour thirty till meat gets to 165ish ....pink center   dabbing  Mr.yoshada sauce on them  during cooking   SWEET    :))    Wash

th_IMG_0724_zpsd2bc257d.jpg

Edited by washguy

Desided to make smokes corn on the cob tonight it was seriously the best most tender corn I've ever had

Trimmed the end with the silk down to just before the cob and pealed a layer or two of the husk off and then the stem end and soak i. Water for an hour or so. After soaking peal the husk back (don't remove) take the silk out and brush with olive oil, cover back up with husk and put in smoker.

Smoke for an hour and a half at 225 flipping once while smoking, the recipe said to use Adler wood, I used apple because I didn't have and Adler. Also I used a water pan.

I was going to post a pic but its been telling me my pictures on my phone are to big all the sudden?!

does anyone know of a good natural gas based smoker that isn't crazy expensive? It seems like anything under $300 is either propane only, or has terrible reviews. I have natural gas at my house plumbed to a quick disconnect with my regular grill, but would like a smoker too. I'd like a big ole burner to use for a turkey fryer, but my wife won't allow that :D

Thanks brother Jeff but no thanks.Got the parts,guy I got it from is going to send me $50.00 for my troubles.That was decent since he didn't have to do it.I'll throw in the parts and see how she works.If it doesn't I'll make a u tube vid of me blowing it up then you can have it for $250.00,plus shipping. >:D  <lmao>

Thanks brother Jeff but no thanks.Got the parts,guy I got it from is going to send me $50.00 for my troubles.That was decent since he didn't have to do it.I'll throw in the parts and see how she works.If it doesn't I'll make a u tube vid of me blowing it up then you can have it for $250.00,plus shipping. >:D <lmao>

Hope you don't have to blow it up

• 2 weeks later...

Brother Jeff and I have looked at all of those types.And the feature of 150* to 500*,w/ insluated cover for cold weather cooking.More I guess for me than you'r needs can't be beat.Yea I had problems but they sent everything [parts] I needed fast.And part of the probelm was the dealer I bought from told me use of wind shields was optional was wrong.I put them in and temp stayed within 3*.Grill Daniel Boon [smaller of the 2] w/remote was $850.00.You get a meat probe so with the remote you see and can adjust grill temp.And see meat temp.The key is finding pellets [pellethead.com] close by cause shipping by weight of bag is high.Just my 2 mags.

So its Sunday must be time for a smoked pork tenderloin.....prepped last nite

pics to follow.......i dont think ill even turn the smoker on...its 103....they might smoke just from the sun beatin down on the smoker :) Wash

I'm in "the stall" right now. Took some steaks out so I don't eat all the pork tonight lol, it's all for an anniversary party next Friday but I got denied the day off so Sunday it is.

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic