Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tri-tip. Its california thing. They dont do brisket here...or beef ribs....and im a Texan... needless to say i gotra work with what i got. Tritip is alot leaner than brisket. Still good

There's only 2 things that could drag a Texan to Californiastan  Good $$ or Good <hump>  So...........? :))

Tri-tip. Its california thing. They dont do brisket here...or beef ribs....and im a Texan... needless to say i gotra work with what i got. Tritip is alot leaner than brisket. Still good

yep I thought it was a tri tip! We go to an old school butcher shop.they have em,as a matter of fact we smoked two of them last week.....they are easier to smoke than a brisket ...pretty doggone tasty Wash

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys So ive been wanting to do a brisket point instead of a whole brisket,but my butcher wont sell just the points...daaamn

So me and Char were doing the wally world walk and lo and behold in the meat dept they had a couple of brisket points!

bought a nice 5 pounder and saturday nite we rubbed it and put er in the fridge....since its no 15 lb brisket i figured it would be done in 7 hours...so no need to start in the middle of the nite. started out at 165 degrees with nice smoke.....after a few hours cranked up the heat a lil then when the internal got to 165 we foiled it and put in 1/2 cup of beef bouillon...and cranked up heat to 250 oh i forgot...we injected the beef bouillon too as we put it in the smoker.......when the 7 hour mark hit the internal was at 199...perfect! pulled it off and let it rest for an hour.....mighty tasty :) Wash

IMG_0743_zpscab216fc.jpg

IMG_0745_zps308982b4.jpg

IMG_0749_zps8af39dd5.jpg

Edited by washguy

Come on over! I wonder if you could be my Eye Doc? he's big into guns too! he did both of my eye implants......he put in a 8x32 lens on my right eye so i dont need a scope.....lol :) Wash

I don't do surgery so it can't be me. Plus, I'm down in Corsicana.

It would be cool to have a scope implant though.:D

Bacon Fire poppers. 

Sorry, no pics of it.

Take habaneros with the stem and part of the top cut off and stuff them with cream cheese, mexican cheese blend, and chorizo if you want it.

Take a slice of bacon and cut in half. Place in an X.

Place the Habanero down on the Bacon X and fold the ends of the bacon up over the Hab and stick in place with tooth picks.

Grill until bacon is cooked to desired level, slather in favorite BBQ Sauce towards the end.

Habenero??? You are a fire eater brother.We get banana peppers and core them to remove the seeds.At that point you can tell from the perfume they give off thier heat level.We then put in a thick slice of chihuahua chesse.Grill till soft.Then heat flour torts on the grill.The level of heat is a crap shoot.The last batch we had were intense,my head almost burst into flames.Gets to a point the heat overpowers what is being eaten.I like the bacon angle.I call these Aztec candies.

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic