• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

buddy of mine went to MO snow goose hunting last month 7 guys brought back 200 birds. i told him to bring me some breast and i would make him some jerky. he brings me 50# so for the past three weeks ive been making snow goose jerky in the smoker. I NEED A BIGGER SMOKER! lol i should be done by the end of the week then its on to some trout. nice thing tho is i can keep the meat in the garage (20*-40* day time temps the garage stays 20-25*) to marinade and thaw instead of the fridge other wise i would need a bigger fridge too

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sounds good...

i love shooting geese, but not somuch eatting them. ive been making venison jerky for years now, i had a bunch of breasts i wasnt sure what i was sure what to do with so i tried jerky and it turned out better then any other way ive tried making goose before.

my marinade ive been working on for about 5 years now, i started out with a base recipe a friend gave me.

for 1-2 pounds of meat

1 can murphies or guiness stout

3/4 cup water

1-2 tbs meat tenderizer (cures the meat)

1/4 tsp tabascco sauce

1/4 tsp course black pepper

1/4 tsp garlic powder (i also like to use granulated or fresh garlic also)

1/4 tsp onion powder

1 tbs montreal steak seasoning

1/4 cup soy sauce1/8-1/4 c maple syrup

1/8c red wine viniger

5 tsp brown sugar

1/8 c molessas

ive also added red pepper flakes, cummin, chipote powder(been using this lately, also if i have left over rub for pork or what ever ill save it for when i make jerky also.

i marinade it for at least 8 hours in a big bowl or gladeware. and put it in the smoker for 10 hours at 145* i noticed since i went from the dehydrator to the smoker the finished product is alil too dry when it comes out the smoker, but if you put it in the fridge for a day in a bag or container and pull it out and let it back to room temp, it comes back nicley.

Anyone mention drunkin chicken???

My favorite thing to grill!!!!!

I take a whole chicken and clean er up and season it down in a nice pot

Use a little cajun injector to fill er up full of some cajun butter and soak it overnight in whiskey and spices

Then the next day make a few cuts on the inside of he chicken, cut the top off a beer can with a can opener, pour some seasoning in the beer after drinking a little off the top, shove the can up the ass of the chicken and set it on the grill for a while ass down...

Cook it till the bottom is charred black and rub it down with some BBQ along the way...

Promise it will be the best most juicy falling apart chicken you ever ate!!!!

Edited by BigP623

This weekend is a leg of lamb 8lb. 5lb. meat once off bone from New Zeland. Taken off the bone on the grill with olive oil,a little sea salt pepper,piearce it and put garlic cloves.Doesn't take long to cook.

Come on Rene....gives us the pics!     Wash

Damnit wife just bought a huge can of cashews which I just wiped out.Would have like to try that.

when i get them"perfected" ill post up my method, i smoked them last night for a few hours good flavor, need alil more hot sauce. but they were alil mushy, so i tried roasting them in the oven to try and get some crunch back. well i ended up burning the hell outta them. im going to get some more hot sauce tomarrrow and try try again.

Ok so I got them spicy and smokey

2 cups of nuts I did 1 almonds 1 cashews

1/8-1/4c medium green taco sauce

2 table spoons Mexican hot sauce (I chose this over Tabasco because I don't care for the strong vinigar taste in it)

1table spoon chipotle flavored sauce

1 teaspoon chipotle powder

Mix well add nuts to sauce mix till well coated let sit 20-30 min while you wait for the smoker to warm up

Put in aluminum pan with holes poked in the bottom so the smoke can rise thru the nuts, spread evenly

In my electric I set it @ 190* for 3 hours or until the nuts are crunch

Used hickory or jack Daniels oak barrel chips.

post-12796-0-74460600-1365459606_thumb.j

post-12796-0-52694400-1365459687_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

Smoked some trout last night my buddy gave me for our fishing trip this weekend

Brine

1/2c non ID salt

1/2c sugar I use brown sugar

2-3 cups apple jucie

Just eye balled it but about 1tbsp ea of parsley, minced garlic and dehydrated onion

Mix well put mine in a seal tight container and shook it up good to get the salt to dissolve

Let fish soak over night and smoke 4-5 hours at 225* and I used apple wood

post-12796-0-19068900-1367449253_thumb.j

post-12796-0-19491500-1367449327_thumb.j

post-12796-0-67385700-1367449392_thumb.j

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic