• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Politics and the World Wide Web

Matt.Cross

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah!

The media has a role in it but the GOP has a long-standing tradition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  Bob Dole, Bush Uno, John McCain.

The GOP could have had 12-15 million additional votes, if they hadn't hosed over all the Ron Paul and Johnson supporters at the national convention.  The very democrat-style prescripted rule changes tells me they are telling us "It is our way or the highway."

This was the last time they got my support, especially after more AZ GOP shenanigans.  Just hung up on one right now, soliciting funds.

Jon

Not putting any faith in the daily zodiac here, but I do believe that things can be garnered from watching the heavens.

Right now Saturn (said by some to represent Satan or evil in general) is in the constellation of Virgo (the virgin), and set to leave December 22, 2012.  For a very brief period of a few days, Saturn will again pass through Virgo in March of 2013.

Hhmmm...

Jon

intresting. the worlds going to end dec 21st anyways so i guess it dont matter:D

its been a long gray depressing day.......

Bah!

The media has a role in it but the GOP has a long-standing tradition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  Bob Dole, Bush Uno, John McCain.

The GOP could have had 12-15 million additional votes, if they hadn't hosed over all the Ron Paul and Johnson supporters at the national convention.  The very democrat-style prescripted rule changes tells me they are telling us "It is our way or the highway."

This was the last time they got my support, especially after more AZ GOP shenanigans.  Just hung up on one right now, soliciting funds.

Jon

<thumbsup>

Bah!

Jon

This is one of many good examples of what I was talking about. Hipocracy driven division and living and dieing by the sword.

Arrogance cost them the election.

Conservatives need to get straight what it means to be conservative if they want a chance of winning another election.

BTW. I have friends on both sides. The ones I know who voted for Obama are not politically as astute as those who voted for right-wing candidates (Romney and Johnson) but otherwise not very different in their principals. The overbearing attitude really seams to be that they're screwed either way. I get the impression that some people I know rolled the dice on who to vote for. The line I get from almost everyone is, "Do I vote for someone who can't be trusted or a guy who messed up the country doing what he said he would?"

When Obama won his first term, I predicted he would win his second and maintained this through the second election. And the reason I gave for this is exactly what happened. Conservatives are divided.

Really, everything is divided. There are even divisions amongst people of the same political parties. It doesn't matter who you lump under what label, there will always be differences of opinion, some of them irreconcilable. That's what the point of the original post was, I'm glad that this is a group of people mature enough to keep our differences of opinion from dividing us. Heck, we're even civil and respectful here, that in itself is almost unheard of these days.

That is because "they" have so successfully for so very long, handed out buckets of labels for people to use as identifiers.  Carefully the choices have narrowed, so we are now stuck with the Choice A, scalding enema, or Choice B, a large Q-tip up your urinary tract.

What if all the American voting public stuck together next time around and said "We're all Americans!  Fix it or DIE!!"?  Things would change FAST!

Jon

That is because "they" have so successfully for so very long, handed out buckets of labels for people to use as identifiers.  Carefully the choices have narrowed, so we are now stuck with the Choice A, scalding enema, or Choice B, a large Q-tip up your urinary tract.

What if all the American voting public stuck together next time around and said "We're all Americans!  Fix it or DIE!!"?  Things would change FAST!

Jon

I'm in complete agreement, there's no shortage of labels at all. What bothers me is how many people get bogged down in the arguing and the labels, and don't ever make it to the point where they are ready to stand with their brothers for something they believe in, right or wrong. If there's going to be a "reset" in this country, it'll take more than a bunch of pointed fingers.

I just want to point out mitts liberal record and former dem. status.... They were both the worser of two evils. All those liberal mitt voters stole the election from Gary Johnson. Anyone who backed mitt got exactly what they knew would happen.

+1  <thumbsup>

Johnson was the only actual alternative to the carbon copy policies of the other 2 candidates: they were almost exactly the same, only slight variations from the carbon paper transfer!

+1  <thumbsup>

Johnson was the only actual alternative to the carbon copy policies of the other 2 candidates: they were almost exactly the same, only slight variations from the carbon paper transfer!

This could be by design. Offer up 2 slices of the same bread and the Illuminated ones can't miss following their script, if you believe there is an Illuminati, or by any other name. This might make sense since GW Bush seems to me to have started the destruction, with an anxious Barry, or someone else onboard with it, waiting in line to finish it.

If I sound crazy that makes sense too :)

Yeah, and things, like both "sides" seem to think peeps from south of the border cross over it looking to be here indefinitely, and the Dems/Rino's react as if that's just dandy and compassionate to not fornicate with them.

Hahahahahahaha we are so screwed  <lmao>  <munch>

They won't do anything about that because it's part of the script.

Hahahahahahaha we are so screwed  <lmao>  <munch>

If you're speaking figuratively about our country, I agree. As individuals capable of seeing through the smoke & mirrors, I think we are definitely NOT screwed. There is quite a difficult road ahead of us, no question about that, but the time has come when the weak will fall prey to fate, and the strong will be all the stronger for it.

^ Maybe we have to wait and see about that, but I'm tired of waiting already. I voted & pinched my nose shut as I did it.

I did get the chance to vote against one of the Wicked Witches of the West, though, Dianne Fienstien, left a warm feeling going up my leg.

All of my votes seemed like a vote against something. I voted against a standing president and he won.

I voted against all the propositions in Kalifornia except for one and they all won anyway. They one I vote for lost!!

The congressional seat in my district was up for grabs. A Dem was running against the incombant Dem who is 80 years old and a complete asshat who has been there forever. I hate him so I voted for the other Dem idiot, so I lost either way, gag me!

I need a pill or something.

The sad thing is there are those to which that news truly is unexpected.  They are at this very moment standing 2 and 3 deep at gun counters around the nation, wondering why this happened.

They should've called Cleo for $3.99/minute.

Jon

I have been quiet for a few days digesting this huge pile of well you know... what i learned in this election and i am sad it took me 62 years... Rural American and Urban American do not think any where's alike not even close . You look at a map of this election a map not only of States but counties as well it is 90% Red!!! the only blue is around large metropolitan areas. the areas that have the most population and also have the most problems, homeless, poor, lack of jobs, lack of good infrastructure, transportation problems etc etc . So it only makes sense that they will vote for the guy helping them the most and they have gotten to the point of now knowing how to help themselves but rely way to much on the state and federal government to help them out.

Now i know what poor is I live on a Native American Reservation I am not a tribal member here but own private ground within the reservation there are some really poor people here BUT! everyone in the community will give their last buck to help someone in need ,bring firewood food from the garden help with a deer, or donate to someone burned out but they do it themselves not with freebies from the government.

Life here revolves around the seasons the garden hunting, fishing, and enjoying life... seems to me folks that live in the cities have forgotten this and have just given up on life or the pursuit of happiness we are a dying breed the folks that think like we do we are out numbered and we are being called dinosaurs by kids going to school in a democratic environment they are taught that anything is ok that it is ok to be different and there is no need to hunt or have guns anymore that they are evil and that thinking is outdated that the 2nd amendment is outdated it is sad and i am sad about it but I will tell you what i will go down and out as a dinosaur but while i am going extinct i will live my life like i have for 62 years and be proud of it.... if I stepped on anyones toes sorry.... did not mean to just needed to get it out..  this country is in a sad state of affairs..

While this country is not perfect it strives to become better.I the past Rep and Dem have worked together for the people,now it's just for there own ends and the people are held hostage.No one seems to want to help plant the wheat or sheath the wheat but everyone wants to eat the bread.There are many people that have never needed help from the goverment before but with the loss of so many jobs it is only right that they get the needed assistance now.The people at the top that caused the problems we face now continue on thier merry way while many honest hardworking people suffer.The really sad part is because they have money/power they will never suffer the consquences of thier actions.What the goverment/bureau of indian affaris has done to the native american peoples is criminal.Yet even if one is in a hole they must climb out and continue going forward.If you fall you must get up as I have if for no other reason then pride in ones self as I have fallen and got back up.The impass that millionaires should not pay more taxes is beyond rediculous how much fuckin money is enough,you can't take it to the grave.Just my 2 mags.Rene :soap: As you were.