• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Politics and the World Wide Web

Matt.Cross

I'm a member in several shooting based forums, and they are currently rife with political discussions that are nothing more than a bunch of pseudo-grown-up idiots playing the finger pointing game. I just wanted to point out that I deeply respect the unity and the mutual respect shown in this community. It has made it possible for me to make it through this ridiculous election without losing faith in my brothers in arms. Thanks for proving that there is a place on the web where people have sense enough to ignore minor differences of opinion, and band together for a purpose bigger than ourselves.

There will be no more wet duck talk on my part, I just had to get it outta my system. As you were!  8)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob, feel like I've been kicked in the nutz... 

I can't believe the American voting populace.  It's disgusting.

Because the demographics now are such that fkg losers, who get freebies for nothing contributed by them, numbers are swelling, and of course they vote Dem.  And lazy bastard Repubs who talk the talk but don't walk the walk to the voting booths.

I want a vote to have all the red states secede from the union, form the new union of THE PATRIOT STATES OF AMERICA, kick all the low life bottom feeding demacrap liberals out ! and when the blue states go broke in a few weeks we seal our borders. I'll be happy to post guard duty!! YES I'M PISSED!!!

During one of the televised debates, The Great Kenyan blurted "Weapons Ban" from himself, whilst trying to maintain his composure.

That'll be something that's coming now, in one form or another.  Mark those notes on the calendar. 

The conservative principal is the hardest political philosophy in the world to live by. Not because of what's wrong with it but because of what's right with it. It completely conflicts with man's nature to be aggressive and forceful in his opinions. Likewise, the republicans have made a habit; which they defend as if sacred, crying about the oppression of the liberties they love while still oppressing the liberties they don't like upon others. When the liberals had the upper hand, it was largely a struggle between left and right. But now; with the republican philosophy more openly examined, conservatives are finding it increasingly harder to refrain from oppressing the liberties of even there own fellow conservatives. The libertarian party and now forming constitutional party exist because of it.

Lack of respect for the rights of one and other and respect for the law of the land are the dividing factors among conservatives. In a nutshell, the republicans lived by the sword and by the hand of Obama; whom the republicans put in office through hipocracy driven division, they die by the sword.

The republicans deserve another round of Obama as does the country as a whole. America is going to have to reach rock bottom to get it, and even then I doubt we will.  We've been almost precisely following the same path as the Roman Empire since they day the American revolution began. If; in the future, we continue to follow the same historical pattern we have been, you and I will  see some very dark days in our own lifetime. And again, those days will be created and deserved by the American people.

The conservative principal is the hardest political philosophy in the world to live by. Not because of what's wrong with it but because of what's right with it. It completely conflicts with man's nature to be aggressive and forceful in his opinions. Likewise, the republicans have made a habit; which they defend as if sacred, crying about the oppression of the liberties they love while still oppressing the liberties they don't like upon others. When the liberals had the upper hand, it was largely a struggle between left and right. But now; with the republican philosophy more openly examined, conservatives are finding it increasingly harder to refrain from oppressing the liberties of even there own fellow conservatives. The libertarian party and now forming constitutional party exist because of it.

Lack of respect for the rights of one and other and respect for the law of the land are the dividing factors among conservatives. In a nutshell, the republicans lived by the sword and by the hand of Obama; whom the republicans put in office through hipocracy driven division, they die by the sword.

The republicans deserve another round of Obama as does the country as a whole. America is going to have to reach rock bottom to get it, and even then I doubt we will.  We've been almost precisely following the same path as the Roman Empire since they day the American revolution began. If; in the future, we continue to follow the same historical pattern we have been, you and I will  see some very dark days in our own lifetime. And again, those days will be created and deserved by the American people.

Unfortunately, I agree with you completely.  I feel this country's future hinged on this vote and the people who want the government to be their mother, father, and protector won.  Those who wanted to retain the slight semblance of individual responsibility have lost.  In my opinion, the country has lost as well. :(

I've often thought the same thing about this country and the Roman Empire. Sadly it gets closer and closer, maybe someone better warn Barry of the ides of march?!?!

I'm truly scared for our nation to the point of not sleeping well last night dreaming about it.

It's to bad the third party doesn't get off the ground.The more I heard from the other 2 Ron Paul wasn't to far out of line.Just my 2 mags.

Gary Johnson is already pledging to run again in 2016. You can help the Libertarian Party gain ground by passing along information to people you know during these next 4 yrs. Make it so no one can claim to have never heard of him by the time of the next election! That's what I'm going to do, only way to get the 3rd party option viable.

Sadly it gets closer and closer, maybe someone better warn Barry of the ides of march?!?!

Not putting any faith in the daily zodiac here, but I do believe that things can be garnered from watching the heavens.

Right now Saturn (said by some to represent Satan or evil in general) is in the constellation of Virgo (the virgin), and set to leave December 22, 2012.  For a very brief period of a few days, Saturn will again pass through Virgo in March of 2013.

Hhmmm...

Jon

Gary Johnson is already pledging to run again in 2016.

That's who I voted for this time around.

If you want change for the better, change the culture. Culture is the true driving force behind a nation's success, prosperity and happiness, not politics. Change the culture and the government will be forced to change by default.