• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

This board

MaDuce

The admin probably isn't going to like this much, but I am really hoping this board stays around the same size it currently is. We've got some really great members here and that's becoming hard to find. It seams that just about every forum that gets real big does so by filling up with creeps and responds by taking on moderators who are no better.

We on the other hand seam to have our own little cozy sanctuary here.

You folks are awesome.

From the short time I've been here I have seem the dipshits weed themselves out with little help from anyone else, and there has not been many.The new members coming in continue to be very solid individuals,and the Veterans are gold it continues to be an honor and a privledge to be in all of your company.God bless everyone here and you'r families. <thumbsup> :sniper:

We've currently got a staff of ~6-7 people handling a 1k+ membership. I think we'll be alright as we expand, but you can believe that as panic over the O's reelection spreads, 308 AR ownership will rise and our membership will grow. Have some faith in Drew, he knows how to pick Moderators.  <thumbsup>

Well, some more members wouldn't hurt.

It gets too slow in here a lot for me. I come to check a lot but my participation has waned lately.

On the other hand a low membership might equate to B. Hussein Oblahblah Anti Gun Thugs (that is for them not us thugs) may not come here for intel on us, but probably they already have.

ive found this on alot of forums, not matter what the topic. ive been on fish keeping forums, motorcycle forums and a few others a smallish tight group of people is normally more fun. one fish forum i was on was great we were all honestly friends met members hung out i consider many of them friends even tho i have never met them. and when some noob came in and started running their mouth the members alone with the mods took care of them quick.

honestly i was alil stand offish when i joined im a novis compaired to most of you, but i like it here. i like what you guys stand for and there are others in here that share common intrests. so i guess your stuck with me:D

ive found this on alot of forums, not matter what the topic. ive been on fish keeping forums, motorcycle forums and a few others a smallish tight group of people is normally more fun. one fish forum i was on was great we were all honestly friends met members hung out i consider many of them friends even tho i have never met them. and when some noob came in and started running their mouth the members alone with the mods took care of them quick.

honestly i was alil stand offish when i joined im a novis compaired to most of you, but i like it here. i like what you guys stand for and there are others in here that share common intrests. so i guess your stuck with me:D

Shepp  You into tropicals or saltwater or reef tanks?  I had saltwater back in the late 60's when you had to paint your steel frames with shellec so it wouldnt corrode....in 1968 I  managed a pet shop

<laughs> while going to college....guy walks in with a tank that had no steel frame WTF...said he worked at Texas Instruments...and this tank was put together with this stuff from DOW called silicone <laughs> daaaamn I bought all he could make and called the fish importer and ordered the salts and fish....back in the day  it was great if the lil suckers stayed alive for 3 months <lmao> I started when I was 9 with the tropicals....tanks all over my room!  I used to ride my bike to the fish place and race home during summer before the fish died from getting overheated <lmao>  Wash

wash thats cool, i keep south american cichlids mainly with a few other odd balls. right now ive got 4 tanks running, 180,125,75 and a 40 long. but im trying to sell my wild caught oscars and and silver arrowana so i can down size.

Shepp  yep the south american cichlids are beutyiful under the right lighting spectrum...didnt they first come from that lake titikica or something like that? <laughs>

you got some nice tanks running...love those oscars...just like puppy dogs!    Wash

26 and no fish. Confirmation for Robo's Theory!    The two instances above are simply minor exceptions and can be discarded from the overall data pool/tank!

Speaking in Mr. Robobot, maybe that's why everyone's on good behavior. Everyone knows that if they act up, he'll chase them down until their car flips over and will then walk up to them and kick em in the face. LOL.

I'd like to see how well he can corner gotta catch me first ;)

On a side note two reasons for keeping fish I've done so on and off since about 8-9 years old I've always loved fish and aquatic life. Second I used to work on the road a lot fish are easy to care for when your gone a week at a time.

I love fish... Especially when they are breaded and fried!

oh i do to, catching them and eatting them and i love seafood. but i also enjoy watching them too.

wash your damn right i do. ive seen more then one person that had been told by a Dr to get a fish tank becuase they suffer from seizers. One of the guys i had met on a form was desert storm vet and ended up having to retire from his branch due to how bad they were, he really got into the hobby due to not being able to really do much outside the house. there is something about fish swiming around a tank that relaxes the brain, i know there are many of nights ive sat on the couch in the basment just watching my fish swim around after a bad day.

tackleberry, i feel the same way. before i found this place i was pretty burnt out on forums only belonging to a few (atv, fish, motorcycle) and only going on them when i was looking for somthing or needing some help