• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Larue Tactical Suspends Military and Law Enforcement Discounts

[table][tr][td]  12:01am January 1, 2013,

To our entire customer base …

For 2013 - We are suspending our L/E - Military discounts. It pains us, but our skyrocketing costs, due to a number of new government regulations, Obama-Care being just one, has forced us to use one price sheet for all customers. Through the years we have extended a savings to our military and Law Enforcement customers that we are quite proud of … a very large dollar number when totaled.

Orders entered before midnight Dec.31st will reflect our previous LE/MIL discount terms.

If some of these regulations are rescinded, and tax relief is returned, we will push to reintroduce these lost discounts in 2014.

Uncle Sam has got to stop spending money, or we're all done for. We will hold off on price increases just short of going off our own fiscal cliff.

Mark LaRue

[/td][/tr][/table]

Has to be done.  I certainly hope others don't have to resort to it, but I understand if they do.  Small businesses are going to take it in the arse, straight from the .gov.

I don't think this is something that is only going to affect smaller businesses in the firearms industry - it's going to affect everything, in every imaginable industry.  As consumers, we're going to be paying ALOT more for everything we need, and everything we do.  This is just the beginning.

Well, in the end....it's better if we end up paying a little more for the parts that we want, than to not be able to get them at all. Though......it's also still bullpoopy. I don't blame the manufacture's for doing what they feel they have to do. I blame the government for the ripples that are washing through the industry right now. Keep in mind, that if Feinstein gets her wish, these guys won't be allowed to sell to the public anymore. At least not complete rifles.......at first. Who knows where it will stop? Parts / ammo will be next.

I understand the reasoning for this, and don't blame them at all.

Ultimately, they are a business, and in business to make money. That is going to become harder and harder as the next few years unfold. If this isn't slowed down, businesses and private sector employment in general will look like the 20% version of what they do now, and there will be many, many companies who just are not there anymore.

• 1 year later...

Look at where we are, a year later....

My clairvoyant brother Ron NAILED it, below, too... 

Well, in the end....it's better if we end up paying a little more for the parts that we want, than to not be able to get them at all. Though......it's also still bullpoopy. I don't blame the manufacture's for doing what they feel they have to do. I blame the government for the ripples that are washing through the industry right now. Keep in mind, that if Feinstein gets her wish, these guys won't be allowed to sell to the public anymore. At least not complete rifles.......at first. Who knows where it will stop? Parts / ammo will be next.

We're taking it in the shorts on ammo now - for ammo we can even get.  Who'da thunk it?  Can't get some damn .22LR these days...  :ugone2far:

I see one demographic buying up all the .22 ammo.

Old farts who wait for trucks to be unloaded, buying as much .22 ammo as they are allowed to carry out, who never show up at any of the ranges to do shooting…but some show up at gunshows to gouge their "brothers".

I bad mouth people when they have boxes listed at over $50. I always ask, "isn't this the stuff that was $25-$30 before all the craziness?"

When they say yes, and try to justify the price hike, I always state, "and you wonder why the large stores like Cabelas, Bass Pro and Sportsmans Warehouse keep knocking out small businesses?"

I've never understood the run on .22 rounds. I mean, we all saw 7.62 and 5.56 dry up damn near overnight. But that's because that's what the evil rifles eat up. And to make it even a little more odd. 7.62 is almost back down to where it was (Lake City that is). FGMM is still running a little more than it was. But, you gotta pay to play. Yep. Just don't get the whole evaporation effect with .22 rounds.

I see one demographic buying up all the .22 ammo.

Old farts who wait for trucks to be unloaded, buying as much .22 ammo as they are allowed to carry out, who never show up at any of the ranges to do shooting…but some show up at gunshows to gouge their "brothers".

Sadly this has been my observation as well. They didn't even seem embarrassed when I commented about charging twice what I saw them pay a few days earlier. >:(

I don't think the preppers stockpile it for shooting near as much as for trading! There's a mentality amongst a lot of preppers that .22 ammo will be better than gold after the apocalypse!

Trade, eh?

"I will trade you one .308 at 650 yards for all you offer or take it off your hands for free.  Your choice."

It's cheap, and plenty good enough for hunting small zombie game....maybe that's why they like it.

My dad was one of those old farts who stood in line a week or two ago. He was allowed one of the 12 boxes that came in that week. 555 rounds for about 45 bucks. Had to do it. We were out and my nephew burns through that stuff when we go shoot.