• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

98Z5V's Springfield Armory XD45

98Z5V

So, basically, unanimously, you guys are saying dark frame, light slide. 

Got it.  Brownell's doesn't stock either of these two colors in Airdry, so I'll have to order right from Cerakote.  I might end up using alot of this Patriot Brown, so I'm getting a bigger container of it, and a 4oz bottle of the FDE. 

The Sniper Grey was a 4oz bottle, still have 1.5oz of it left, and that's after painting a stripped 5.56 upper and lower, carbine receiver extension, 13" rail, and a flashlight.  A little goes a long way with this stuff, just because it goes on so damn thin.  It's badass.  <thumbsup>

So what you're suggesting is to send you some parts? <lmao> <lmao>

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the way I thought looked better, myself.  After seeing the other guys say the opposite, I started looking at it again, trying to see if a dark frame would be alright.  I have a buddy here that wants me to paint up his Sig P230 like that, so I will.

On mine, I'm with you, brother.  ;D :happydrunks:

So what you're suggesting is to send you some parts? <lmao> <lmao>

That's what I hear. FedEx is on its way.

Ship 'em, men!  Ship 'em!  <thumbsup> <laughs>

Somebody's gettin' back a Barney-the-Dinosaur purple lookin' part back, though.  Just one small part.  It'll be a surprise.  <lmao>

Sounds like the official forum paint shop is in AZ.

Let me pick up a good spray gun first, and I'll make the announcement...  <thumbsup>

I'll paint whatever you guys need/want painted.  I'll even paint your chick for you, but she may not want to come back afterwards...  <dontknow> <laughs>

Let me pick up a good spray gun first, and I'll make the announcement...  <thumbsup>

I'll paint whatever you guys need/want painted.  I'll even paint your chick for you, but she may not want to come back afterwards...  <dontknow> <laughs>

If your workload gets too heavy, I'm sure LLArms can take some of the orders... People used his service, right <dontknow> ?

Well, the trigger kit wasn't easy by any stretch of the imagination.  Started on it last night, got pissed and left it until this morning.  It MUST be fit.  There is no way around that.  Little bit of fitting, test for function, rip it down and do a little bit more fitting - until it's right. 

Finished it up this morning, function tested everything, and took it to the range.

DAMN!  What a major, major difference!  I'll be keeping this pistol, and getting another XD to go with it.  Along with another trigger kit and extended mag release.  These things ROCK! 

If you watch the install videos that are on Springer Precision's website, it covers almost everything you need to know.  Some things are left out, but you can work with it.  They also have a pretty good rationale for having the XD over the XDm, and how to convert the XDm over to XD functioning, and why you'd want to do that.  <thumbsup>

Searching for the XD 5" Tactical now...  ;D

Forgot to add the teaser pic from today - my boy on the FV-SR, canned up.  If you snap your fingers, it's louder than this combo...  <thumbsup>

post-71-136297289458_thumb.jpg