• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

bipods

cliffg

looking for input here gents, i am looking for a bipod and was considering a t-pod. anyone using this and how do you like it. i like the fact that it give a second vert grip for off hand shooting and then fast switch for prone. i also like the clean look of not having the legs and springs exposed like on the harris style. thoughts, pro and cons?

I've been searching for the right bipod and the VLTOR Modpod looks promising.  But $190 for the product is just way over priced.

One of the things I like about them how ever id mounting them farther back on my hangard.  I do not have a freefloating type and am concerned with accuracy.  I'm thinking mounting as shown on their website moght help with that.  Thoughts??

http://www.vltor.com/modpod.htm

I've been searching for the right bipod and the VLTOR Modpod looks promising.  But $190 for the product is just way over priced.

If you're interested in the ModPod, I have a brand new set (black) that are barely used. I swapped them out a while ago and they are just collecting dust. I'll give you a decent "pre-stupid 12/14 mania" price.

It is tough to beat Harris bipods.  I know that they don't look as cool as the others, but they function as advertised and are built very sturdily (if that is a word).  You can load the heck out of a Harris and abuse it and it will still give you service.  The BRM-S is my favorite.  I have it on my duty rifle and all of my personal precision rifles. 

Me too, can't find any fault.

I still love it even though I'd like to try an Atlas. LaRue QR kit is good stuff. I like to watch the reactions of people when the range goes hot and a field stripped AR goes from disassembled to stacking bulletholes in 60 seconds or less. I'd like to have a 10% cut of everything LaRue has sold based on my range trips... <laughs>

• 3 weeks later...

Well I am not seeing any love for Grip pod but I love it on a hunting rifle and it does not matter what you are hunting it is fast and great for that one shot when you need it and it works great for sighting in and it is light and functions as a good, not great ...but good forward grip... it is my story and I am sticking to it