• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PRI or JP Muzzle Brakes?

gsmopar

I had PRI cut a brake to the spec's of my 20"HB for a smooth transition & it was just a few bucks more for them to do it & the brake works great.

I have just recently attached a Daniel Defense ,(std) Mitigator brake on a 5.56 & since

they make one for 308 & I plan on trying one out on my 16" 308 ,which just has a flash suppressor on it.

It really impressed me how it tamed even the 5.56 down , because I was shooting with a bare barrel before attaching it .

Just so many good choices now a days, hard to choose.

Thanks guys!  I'm going to the range today with the heavy weight in my Tubbs BCW.  If it still beats me up (I know, I'm a female cat), I'm going to go with one of these brakes.  One last question:  The OD of my barrel is 3/4 inch (stainless).  In the comments on one of these brakes, the user states that it didn't match his barrel diameter.  I don't see the OD of the brake listed in any of the descriptions.  Any idea on which one would match my barrel?

480983_10151384975034426_1776848672_n.jp 

Now what else are you going to get that I all ready have... Hmmmm !

Slidefire. ! Yeah you will want it next !

Do you have a storefront?  I was under the impression that you just did custom work and not really much of the parts retail side.  I prefer to shop local and apologize for not thinking of you first!!!  Just didn't know that it was an option for little stuff like this. 

Do you have a storefront?  I was under the impression that you just did custom work and not really much of the parts retail side.  I prefer to shop local and apologize for not thinking of you first!!!  Just didn't know that it was an option for little stuff like this. 

I have to order the parts like everybody else, No retail parts for sale.

The lightening link is the poor mans full auto. Rather than dump a SHIT ton on a factory FA lower, the link will modify any standard lower.

It will make your semi auto rifle into an NFA weapon. No different than putting a stock on a AR pistol.

Get caught, and never get to own a gun again.

do not pas go....do not collect $200. in fact, im sure a little light just flashed on an ATF server somewhere just for typing that out.

That's what I figured, but there are videos all over youtube.  I haven't seen one on a .308 yet.  It has to be a hand full!

The outside diameters of the Cooley muzzle brakes are listed in the chart on the JP Rifles web site.  With a Cooley brake on my 308 the muzzle just sat still when I fired.  Be prpared for LOUD though.  If you shoot at a range where there are other shooters on either side of you, particulary a covered range you will Not be popular.