• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My .260 Rem gas gun has been a particular-embarrasser for certain 6.5C bolt guns in the past - at distance. Ruger RPRs have fallen victim to it.  I'll be curious as to how this all works out in the fall...   :banana:

TIc-TACT-Toe at 450 at night will be the tell-all...

Edited by 98Z5V

9 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

My .260 Rem gas gun has been a particular-embarrasser for certain 6.5C bolt guns in the past - at distance. Ruger RPRs have fallen victim to it.  I'll be curious as to how this all works out in the fall...   :banana:

TIc-TACT-Toe at 450 at night will be the tell-all...

I'm no good on a bolt gun, the status quo will undoubtedly be unchanged.

3 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

I'm no good on a bolt gun, the status quo will undoubtedly be unchanged.

Then, I need to turn you into a bolt-gun guy, too.  I'm in.   :thumbup:   It would be my honor, for you, brother...   :hail:

I WANT that gun to whip everyone's ASS!   :laffs::banana:

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

Then, I need to turn you into a bolt-gun guy, too.  I'm in.   :thumbup:   It would be my honor, for you, brother...   :hail:

I WANT that gun to whip everyone's ASS!   :laffs::banana:

Based on my research, the Tikka is an amazing rig straight out of the box. I know the gear can do it, I just have to get the Indian up to speed about the arrow.

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Do I need to break out the old videos, you on semi, me on bolt, double-tagging targets at night?... :hail:  Double-Trouble...   :laffs:

I remember it well! I'm going to have to find a way to source some ammo, I can't seem to find any good ammo. I have plenty but I'm not going to shoot what I can't replace.

6 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

I remember it well! I'm going to have to find a way to source some ammo, I can't seem to find any good ammo. I have plenty but I'm not going to shoot what I can't replace.

I need to count your ammo out here, too - you have a PILE.  There's definitely no 6.5C in it though... 

Just now, Matt.Cross said:

Tikka surpassed themselves here for sure. I'm really curious as to how it'll stack up against the RPR for instance...

DirtBike Tommy already shot out his barrel in his 6.5C RPR.  It doesn't shoot for shiit now, and it's 4~6 months for a new barrel from Ruger.  He's pissed. 

He's probably 3k rounds into it.  But the loads weren't "nice" for barrel-life.  But, they were badass for distance and accuracy!   :banana:

I'm looking at that situation - exactly - for my .300 Win Mag.  I'm punching 225gr projectiles at 2932fps.  I'll need a barrel for that thing sooner than I think... :embarrassed:

42 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

DirtBike Tommy already shot out his barrel in his 6.5C RPR.  It doesn't shoot for shiit now, and it's 4~6 months for a new barrel from Ruger.  He's pissed. 

Tell him to contact these guys, specifically Kenny.

https://www.dpgunworks.com/

He will re-barrel that sucker with a far better barrel than will come off of Ruger's machines, and his work is second to none. He's also pretty close by if I'm not mistaken.

12 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Tell him to contact these guys, specifically Kenny.

https://www.dpgunworks.com/

He will re-barrel that sucker with a far better barrel than will come off of Ruger's machines, and his work is second to none. He's also pretty close by if I'm not mistaken.

I will get that to him tomorrow, brother!!!   Good find!!!   :hail:

22 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

Based on my research, the Tikka is an amazing rig straight out of the box. I know the gear can do it, I just have to get the Indian up to speed about the arrow.

My buddy who works for krieger barrels has always spoke well of them and savage, which was the selling point of my Savage. 

7 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

You coming out of The closet?

I think you did - with that grip. I still support you.  Blow as many guys as you need to, to run that grip.

I'm still here for you, brother.  :thumbup:  :banana:

I'm sure it's comfortable, and "feels good in your hand..."  :laffs:  You know, what you like in your hand...   Big SOLID black base on it and all...   :lmao:

I'm here for you feelings and desires, brother.  Never turn my back on you...   ❤️  You do you... 

Edited by 98Z5V

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I think you did - with that grip. I still support you.  Blow as many guys as you need to, to run that grip.

I'm still here for you, brother.  :thumbup:  :banana:

I'm sure it's comfortable, and "feels good in your hand..."  :laffs:  You know, what you like in your hand...   Big SOLID black base on it and all...   :lmao:

Dont you dare try putting your filthy hand on my grip!