• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/23/2021 at 5:20 PM, shooterrex said:

More 6mm ARC ammo.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/899011075
$1.50 a round. They have more.

9 boxes of Hornady Black 6 ARC showed up at my local Cal Ranch store.  I'll get their "box a day" until I buy it out, just to get the brass.  The Black is the 105gr BTHP projo, and it's REALLY close in G1 BC to the 108 ELD-M projo they load for the Match ammo.  It can't be a BAD load, like that.  I'll chrono it and get results up.

If it shows up, BUY IT!...  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

I forgot about the fake rocks. I have some manufactured stone coming too. It’s got a longer lead time than 98’s Larue. Should be here in September. We’ll be moved in before I get to rock the entry, fireplace and chimney. 

I coulda had a few CROM 338’s for what that damn kitchen order just cost me. 

Edited by DNP

I just ordered up a magpul bipod, mlok connection.  I spent Two painful evenings trying to find a cost reasonable and good quality Quick connector, but gave up.  40-150 bucks is way too much.  A double picantanny system also seemed to be adding to much to the top of bipod...so I said Fluff it.  I’ll have to pack around a little Allen wrench and fuss with the m-lok tabs if I don’t want it on.  

Im going to test fire my new rifle tomorrow... gas block adjusting and observing its behavior... I guess I’ll wait till the bipod arrives and I’m by myself at the range to see how accurate it shoots...tomorrow will be just to see if it doesn’t blow up.  Go Es No Go passed already.

1 hour ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Another bipod & swivel pic rail adapter plate

Screenshot_20210424-221843.jpg

Screenshot_20210424-221746.jpg

That is an interesting adapter.. maybe it is mlok on top...and that Bipod either is the expensive Atlas or the cheaper knockoffs... I thought about one of those, the 1” shorter legs made me go with the magpul.. For my hunting sagebrush will foil many prone shots I’m sure...low sitting I hope to be able to do.

Back to DNPs purchase... building materials... I knowna guy who just had a small bathroom remodel..to make a wheelchair accessible bathroom... the stinkin tile guy charged him 8000 bucks!  I hope your doing your ow stone work...That’s enough for maybe 4 new guns? 

17 hours ago, Black_Sheep said:

MK-1

I’ve always used Magpul or BFG, but I hear the VTAC is also GTG. Sling swivels will be MI QD with flush buttons.

Great setup - you'll love it.  I've got a new one to cut, so I'll measure it out and get the dimensions to you.  Shiit, I'll make a thread about it, how to set it up, why I set it up that way, etc.  Great fucking sling, man.  :thumbup:

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Great setup - you'll love it.  I've got a new one to cut, so I'll measure it out and get the dimensions to you.  Shiit, I'll make a thread about it, how to set it up, why I set it up that way, etc.  Great fucking sling, man.  :thumbup:

I’m sure it will do nicely 👍

Latest thing in the mail is a CAT M4 scraping tool for my AR’s. When I cleaned my BCM the other night it took forever to clean the carbon from the tail of the bolt and bore of the BCG. Hopefully the tool will make that task a little easier.