• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, wwlefty said:

I'm trying to finish a x39 build I started a while back so I ordered a Young MFG. BCG, a velocity steel case trigger, an H2 buffer, tube and spring, ambi safety and a BCM pistol grip so I put the hurt on the CC too. I'll be damned if I can find any 30rd mags. though, I heard duramags were the only way to go in 7.62x39. Any other magazine options that you guys had good luck with?

C Products worked great in my Colt sporter 

Don’t worry man, sprinklings of biden money is on the way. Not bad for $2000 checks the first week of his presidency. What?  They aren’t 2k?  And he’s been in office for almost 2 months now?  Damn republicans must be tying up the works trying to get crazy stuff thrown into that bill. 

Brother has a ar15 build going on, most components when available aren't that bad, but $144 for a Toolcraft bcg...

Holy moly. 

Last 308 build got a NiB toolcraft for less then that.

A while back they were going for 69 bucks, doubled in price.

No 49 dollar sig barrels left (except on my top shelf!) so we went with a Spikes 14.5 lightweight 1:7 chrome and  going to pin a faxon slim 3 port on it.

Anderson stripped uppers still around 50 bucks,  think i got a couple for 34 dollars a while back but 50 ain't that bad. 

Forgot how much fun/ quick/easy building ARs are after spending a year ++ building 3 1911s!

We should have most of the parts next few days, think he is milling the receiver this weekend.  

Also got 1000 rounds of 62 gr bullets coming got the press set up and a bunch of RP brass ready to run through the sizer. I think someone is going to find out about the ammo shortage about 1 min after twisting on the optics!

On 3/10/2021 at 8:33 PM, wwlefty said:

I got an aero precision M5 blemished upper off their website. Just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on the lower yet. Being broke is just so inconvenient sometimes lol

Hey, you're in the People's Republic of Central Obamastan, I know you're enjoying paying a full buck more for every gallon of gas that JB snitzker sells ya, I sure am...

17 hours ago, billymagg said:

Hey, you're in the People's Republic of Central Obamastan, I know you're enjoying paying a full buck more for every gallon of gas that JB snitzker sells ya, I sure am...

Yeah they snuck that gas tax in there at the first of the year, I bought enough farm fuel for this year back in the summer. I also bought 400 gallons of gasoline for the wife at the same time for $1.82 but it's almost gone now

6 hours ago, wwlefty said:

Yeah they snuck that gas tax in there at the first of the year, I bought enough farm fuel for this year back in the summer. I also bought 400 gallons of gasoline for the wife at the same time for $1.82 but it's almost gone now

My big tractor has starter issues, and the fuel distributer has a stripped bleed screw that leaks,,, fortunately my little John Deere with a bucket sips fuel, only has a 6 gallon tank. We cash rent our small tillable acres, so I buy most fuel in town in a 5 gallon jerry can, I probably use more to get my brush pile fires started, lol.. last year I had to shut my rifle range down when the corn started getting tall.. I did score another 60 rounds of Winchester xm-80 at Walmart, surprisingly enough..

on a less encouraging note, the local gun hack had a few boxes of 9 mm and 45 hollow point, I though man! turned the box over and 59.99 for 20 rounds,, 😠!!!!!

Edited by billymagg

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

Sshhhhh. Don't tell Tom. It'll make his head explode. I finally ordered the PRI stuff needed for my MK12 build. Handguard, front/rear sights, PEQ top rail.

Keep this amongst ourselves. :laffs:

OKay, I'm with you, brother - I'll make sure he doesn't find out!...   :thumbup:

Pssssh,.,,   :bitchslap::thefinger:

A 5.3 oz 308 carbine buffer, Springco orange spring, and SLR Rifleworks Sentry 8 adjustable gas block.

With a 3.7 oz 2.5" buffer,  AR Stoner spring measuring 11 1/2" with 28 .074" coils, .100" gas port, and proper AR-10 rifle length gas on my 20" barrel I'm under-buffered leading to bolt-over-base malfunctions running a DPMS magazine with longer feed lips than my ASC magazine which works reliably.

The extra 5/8" of receiver behind the pistol grip made an A2 stock way too long, so I took my first shots using a CTR stock on a 7" milspec extension set to A1 length of pull two notches in.  In the process, I learned about large frame AR gas and recoil system balance.

8lwGVVB.jpg

Gas system is correct

ncYjgVB.jpg

Krieger M4 barrel ramps with Aero Precision "rifle" receiver would be OK on a small AR

vprBfyB.jpg

Edited by Drew Eckhardt