• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

On 5/8/2021 at 10:11 AM, GRA said:

When did you find and buy all this? 

6.5 Grendel was "unveiled" at SHOT Show 2004.  There's been plenty of time for one to stock up on such components.  I'm just sayin'...

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

6.5 Grendel was "unveiled" at SHOT Show 2004.  There's been plenty of time for one to stock up on such components.  I'm just sayin'...

Unless you only recently made the purchase.

14 hours ago, shrade said:

Made the decision to build a 6.5 early in '20, saw all the crap that was going on, bought most of the ammo and components before I had all the build parts. Maybe a little backwards but it worked.

Not backwards as that can easily sell if you later abandon the build.  My venture in to the 6.5 Grendel caliber was a fairly recent last minute decision.  Glad I don’t make that kind of decision much. 

Ordered parts from KAK Industry Sales.  

LR-308 firing pin retainer

LR-308 Pivot Pin

LR-308 Takedown Pin

LR-308 BCG Cam Pin

AR-15 556 BCG Firing in

AR-15 556 BCG Cotter Pin

Should be here by the end of next week.  Now to find a place to store them.   😊😊😊

Steve

15 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

Uh Huh..and how many do you have?:laffs:

I only have one, and I certainly won't build another one...   I built an 18" Valk from the BA SPR profile barrel, and basically I only did it because of all the hype surrounding it when they announced it.  They compared it to 6.5 Grendel, and the Hornady .308 178gr ELD-X.  

Right up my alley, right there, advertisers.   :thumbup:

I built it almost identical to my Grendel SPR build, and my Mk12 Mod 1 (5.56) build, to shoot it against those two, plus my Mk11 - which has only seen handloads of 178 ELD-X for it's entire life - and it is BADASS...  

Determination?  The Valk isn't what they cracked it up to be, it doesn't beat the Grendel, and the Mk11 178 ELD-X smokes it.  I built the thing to disprove the magazine and advertisement shiit-talking and hype that was going on when it was launched.  It doesn't measure up to all that was said about it, nowhere close.

Will I sell it?  Nope, I'll keep it.  It's already built, paid for, and I figured out a solid load with 88gr ELD-Ms, and it does work.  It just doesn't smoke Grendel or any 178 ELD-X .30 cal load that's worth a damn.  I'll hang onto it, so when someone says "Valk will KILL that!..."   - I have it standing by, to prove them wrong.  I certainly won't build any more of them.  One did it for me.

Just my $0.02. 

6 ARC smokes all this small frame stuff, by miles.  Nothing else is even in it's league.  I'm sticking with that.  Doesn't mean I'm selling any Grendels - just means I'm building more 6 ARCS.  I'm up to 2 of them now...  

The Valk aint' bad, brother - not in the least.  It just didn't live up to the hype that they announced it at.  I like mine, won't sell it - but I won't put it up against a Grendel or my Mk11 gun - that they said it was gonna crush....  Fuckin' magazine people...  :bitchslap:

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

It just didn't live up to the hype that they announced it at

Now that it did not. I think a lot of people had accuracy issues with factory ammo too. when i got mine there was not much choice. still not a lot. you guys that reload had it much better making your own for accuracy.