• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Do You Name Your Guns !

MikedaddyH

I was wondering if anyone else named their guns?

And why ?

I have named the one's that I have grown attached to, The 6.8's are named after my moms ( June , Leda , Anita ,& Mona ) The 308's (Kate ,Katy ,Katerina ) Yes I had two aunt Kathy's. The magnums ( Kasey #5 ,Kyle #18 , Jeff #24 & Donnie my aunt who was a VA nurse and high ranking Mason ). The AR15's are named after other females in my life ( Vera .Lisa etc, )

To me, a name has to be earned.

Most of mine are refered to by cal.  as I have few duplicate rifles.  That dosen't help with the AR's, as my wife and I have several of the same cals, as well as several in different cals.

I guess that you could say that the only gun in my safe that is named is "my old 1911".   Close as I can get to a name.  Bought her new in 1973, and carried her daily for 20+years.

Naming inanimate objects seems a little wierd ,to me.   What would you name your toaster?  or alarm clock?

My wife just reminded me that she has ONE rifle with a name!  Her Browning lo-wall 22 hornet is called "Thick and Chunky"   because thats all it leaves of prarrie dogs!LOL!!

Respectfully

Terry

Edited by Tripledeuce