• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sweating bullets?

hollywood

• 9 months later...

I found a bunch of stuff like that, of all different materials.  Most of what I pulled up under that search was for bolt action rifles or older western rifles.  Something in there should fit an AR stock, though.

If you find something specific, make sure to post it up, man. 

Not running the a2 stock. Got a magpul prs. None of what popped would work as far as I can tell. Just dropped an email to magpu. Will see what they have to say. With all the r&d they put into there stuff one would think they would have a good idea or two.

If you go to your local "home improvement" store, you will find an amazing collection of things you can spray out of an aerosol can. A fair number of those spray-on finishes will have various interesting surfaces, such as stippling, etc. You could even find that the final result is pretty good-looking. Rust-Oleum has a lot of stuff that I personally would consider if I was looking at your situation.

lot of diy pistol stippiling tutorials on the web.  i dosent look to difficult. just dont want to be putting my face on what looks to be sand paper of varying grits.   paint idea might be a little safer. 

Speaking of sandpaper, applying it to perhaps a stippled surface might make it ever so slightly less......stipply as it were...

Just a thought.  <dontknow>

Use a neoprene foam adhesive sheet. Cut it to shape and stick it on the cheek riser on the PRS. Soft, spongy, smooth, rubbery. Problem solved. 

This stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/Sponge-Neoprene-With-Adhesive-Thick/dp/B001GAD5G4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neoprene-Foam-0-4-thick-15-9-x-7-1-sheet-adhesive-layer-on-one-side-/251488370812

I'd think 1/8" minimum thickness, go thicker if you want better padding and moisture absorption.

Edited by shibiwan

Tennis Racket Gauze Tape.,,,wrap the cheek piece....itwill keep you from exfoliating your face to the third layer of skin...    <lmao>

Moleskin works to.

I have tried hockeytape before on a differenrt rifle and ended up with Some of the tape and adhesive sticking to my cheek.  was like trying tobget roofing tar off your hands not fun.  has any one used one of the goda grip products.  thedescription sounds like youre adding a pillow to rest your head on

Edited by hollywood

They make stick on cheek pads & you can cut them any way you want & they even have different thickness's . I'l have to look them up later if you can't find them .

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-forend-parts/butt-plate-parts/cheek-pieces-palm-swells/cheekeeze-prod15486.aspx

Edited by survivalshop

130deg!  whew my issue starts on sunny 80deg.id be junk at that temp.  dont see those type of temps up north, used to when i lived in VA.

the tennis/hockey tape reminded me of the Mcnett tape i have.  just removed the stock and cheek piece and giving it a wrap to see how it will work.

All the BS weather reporting temps are "in the shade" anyway.  105° is probably closer to 115° working in the sun.

Down in the pit, the sides of the berms form a crude parabolic dish, focusing that solar energy.  On the shooters.

Filling one of those yellow contractor igloos with ice and water, then putting bottles of drinking water in them which were taken out of the refrigerator...all the ice is melted but water is still cool (not cold) after 4-5 hours on the mid-day range.