Which Geissele?

D.R.D.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So... Anyone have an opinion on the Elfman, vs CMC, vs BTE, vs Geissele?

I was thinking the Elfman ar10 for my long range ar10, and one of the others (ssa-e) for my varmint ar15.

Maybe another brand for my M4's (CMC or BTE)..... Damn I have expensive thoughts....

I have both and both are excellent triggers but i do prefere the elftman never had a better trigger my Geissle is a ssa-e

I have both and both are excellent triggers but i do prefere the elftman never had a better trigger my Geissle is a ssa-e

I do have to admit, when you first posted the Elfman thread I was laughing over the double trigger thing, I still think it's ridiculous, but the other models look extremely solid.

Would the Elfman ar10 be too much spring power for an ar15?

Maybe I'll start with two of those....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They are identical - almost.  The G2S is the budget version of the SSA.  Every SSA is individually tested and engraved, and the G2S is batch tested and not engraved.  The reduction in QC steps and lack of engraving makes the G2S a more affordable version of the SSA.

The SSA-E is the SSA, but a pound lighter (4.5 overall versus 3.5 overall).

Not info for you, Fark - for others that read this later.

I doubt my Great White North Mouthpiece will read this.  Shame, too - he could learn something.  Well, if he was capable of learning.

Dude, you guys are awesome, thanks :D

Edit: Holy sheet, that's in Monroe? That's like a couple hours drive from here! I wonder if I could get one for even less face to face (not that $200's not a great price considering the Geissele site runs ya $240, plus shipping)

Edited by ChaseFan9

• 3 weeks later...

I have a giessle GS2 on my long range 223 AR, big improvement over stock obviously and i prefer two stage for long range.  I scored an SSA-E from primary arms on their memorial weekend sale for $192 while i was ordering some other stuff for my 308 build.  Looking forward to seeing if i can feel the difference in the triggers. 

On a side note, i got a timney drop in 4lb and was blown away how fast i could shoot with it.  Eventually got a SD3G after reading much into it and the tac-con 3 position.  Honestly, i was disappointed with the SD3G.  It's nice but not $280+ nice.  Luckily i got it from PA on black friday for a lot less.  I feel like the timney's are a better value for a single stage trigger.  

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone needs Geiselle, OpticsPlanet has 10% off for Father's Day and free shipping for $100 or more orders. I grabbed a SSA-E for a build I'm working on. Have a SSF and absolutely love the Geiselle products so Happy Father's day to me, by me, for me. :)

Sidenote: I do want to try a CMC for one of my AR builds I haven't done (lots of relievers in safe waiting for their turn). Rainier has a real nice looking complete LPK with their curved drop in.

Edited by mrrogers1

• 2 months later...