• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ford Anyone?

planeflyer21

Personally, I'v never had much luck with  Chevy products.

Ford and Dodge have always run longer, for me, at least.

While I was growing up, my Dad worked as a car salesman.   I always had something to drive, but never knew how long I'd have it.    So, I learned never to get attached to any car.  I never buy new, and my last two Ford F 150's were over 250,000 miles, and still running when I sold them.   My current Dodge 1500 has over 200,000 miles, and is still going strong.   Both had 50,000- 60,000 miles when I bought them.

My last Chevy truck had less than 150,000 when the motor blew.   Oil pump failed, and it spun every bearing in the motor.

Respectfully

Terry

You sure are getting you'r moneys worth brother Terry.For a work car I spin them off around 175k so as not to have road trouble.I keep up on mainanence so I haven't had a problem aside from the occational flat tire.Hope I don't regrett sayin that.My daughter on the other hand has had problems with blown headgasket on different makes and models. <dontknow>

I own a F-150 FX4 and my wife has her Kona blue drop top mustang. I am not a big fan of Chevy / GMC aka Government Motors after they took bail out money and Ford did not, sorry.

Im a ford guy but a sucker for old a-body's but IIRC they did take money in the bailout but it was much smaller amount and was paid back quickly. I believe they had to take one for the GOV to avert future suits claiming favoritism

Edited by bubbasks

Personally, I'v never had much luck with Chevy products.

Ford and Dodge have always run longer, for me, at least.

While I was growing up, my Dad worked as a car salesman. I always had something to drive, but never knew how long I'd have it. So, I learned never to get attached to any car. I never buy new, and my last two Ford F 150's were over 250,000 miles, and still running when I sold them. My current Dodge 1500 has over 200,000 miles, and is still going strong. Both had 50,000- 60,000 miles when I bought them.

My last Chevy truck had less than 150,000 when the motor blew. Oil pump failed, and it spun every bearing in the motor.

Respectfully

Terry

Good experience always counts for a lot Terry, thanks.

On a side note...I've seen so many crashes in my profession that I've lost track and the Ford PUs always seem to take a front-end hit better than a Chevy...hands down. However, I do like the look of the Sierra and the brand new Silverado is pretty sharp too.

In the end, I'd have to go with Ford when I buy a PU in another 2 years.

Edited by jrtmasp