• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

It FINALLY F-ing arrived

Rsquared

Well ladies? Sing along. You've all heard the way this tune starts before.

So I go stumbling through the door of my local gun pushers shop. I've got a spring in my step....there's a fresh breeze in the air...life is good (for a change).....dogs are getting along with cats.....and my F@#KING POF P308 SBR has finally been cleared by our friends at the ATF Gestapo office. You wonder why it may be such a glorious day? A lot of us have made the painful wait, just to join (or continue our collections) the class 3 club. So why is this pickup any different than any other, you may ask? Well.....mainly because I originally ordered this little beauty....oh....a mere 26 months ago. Yep....you heard it ladies. 26 F-ING months ago.

My god (throwing hands in the air)! It's about Fuckin time! 26 months! Sheesh.

Anyway....I digress.

I'll get some pics up of this little powerhouse sometime soon. Not sure about any range time. At least not any time soon. Work is a major bitch here lately. Just last weekend (Fri, Sat & Sun) I put in 51 hours. Talk about kicking your ASS?

On a side note. As soon as I walked through the door back at my place, it was straight to the parts isle to begin digging. I ripped off the MOE grip and slapped a Hogue onto her. Maybe, if I get the time, I'll swap the factory muzzle brake out for an AAC brakeout comp (I have some of them in stock). But hell, if I have that kind of time, I'll take her to the range first.

First impressions? This thing is really tight (literally). The takedown pin....you just can't "pop" it out with a stiff press of a finger or your thumb. The gas block is gonna need a "little" persuasion to crank around for the first time (in my hands). Hell, I'm not surprised though. The thing has been sitting in a box for over 2 years since it was built....a little lube couldn't hurt. The thing doesn't rattle at all....short of a little bit from the STR stock.

More to follow fella's. As I inspect, handle and just all around fondle this thing. I sat down and churned this out first. Let the fondling begin.

Nahhh. No ledge my man. That's just how brother Dirk and I interact with each other (read as.......he F@#ks with me....and I take it) But then he gets to load mags as the rest of us shoot. And while Tom makes fun of him of course. <lmao>

Oh I know I just didn't wanna jump on the wagon

Some generic profile pics. The closeup of the receiver gives a decent view of the ambi bolt release (though I ain't one of those damn lefties) <laughs>. The full frontal view shows the adjustment knob of the gas system. Damn. Forgot to pull the gas plug, piston and op-rod for pics. Already too dark around here. I'll have to snap one of them tomorrow. The closer image of the carrier gives a good view of the bearing equipped cam pin. The last one is an overhead of the trigger assembly. Oh....and she weighs in at a tick over 8 pounds empty.

The bipod was just for the photo's so she'd stand up. Don't have any spare BUIS in stock at the moment. So she's still nekkid. Gotta change the stock charging handle. Ever since going to the Raptor style of handles last year, the standard one's just feel small to me.

As I said before, this sumbitch is tight. I had to use a punch to knock the takedown pin to the side. That thing might need a little polishing to loosen her up a little. We'll see, if she doesn't loosen up over the break-in period. I'll probably put the AAC comp on this weekend. Not sure. Go figure, I actually get the weekend off. Don't think that there'll be any range time this weekend. It's closed from the weather.

post-12568-0-74270400-1392422001_thumb.j

post-12568-0-47832100-1392422015_thumb.j

post-12568-0-79210100-1392422022_thumb.j

post-12568-0-42624900-1392422030_thumb.j

post-12568-0-99089400-1392422038_thumb.j

post-12568-0-96122700-1392422047_thumb.j

post-12568-0-00154300-1392422060_thumb.j

Edited by Rsquared