• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Muzzle Brake Options

gnatshooter

4 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Finnally hd a chance to talk to Lance.He is a sharp dude.Knowing he's up to his ears in work he took the time to speak to me.If I need any work done in his realm [bolt guns being his speciallty] he is the man I would see.Thanks brother Mike for his number.

Lance is one awesome dude!  When we met Mike up at Lance's shop, he took the time to give me a whole shop tour.  Small shop, lot and LOTS of cool machines!  His unbridled enthusiasm shows his dedication.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking hard at the M4-72 and the VG6 gamma for the new gun. The PA is clearly the top dog, but it cost a little more. The gamma looks dead sexy and doesn't seem too far behind performance wise. I have an old dynacomp now but I want recoil reduction over anything else. I tried that discontinued SLR brake I got for cheap on closeout and wasn't overly impressed.

Edited by blue109

Blue, 

PA isn't necessarily the best recoil reducer.  While not tested here, it seems to be more a factor of the design, surface area, angle and number or ports: http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/08/21/muzzle-brake-summary-of-field-test-results/

The guy that tested the PA seems to want to run more testing with the top players here, like APA & JEC.  

I'd seriously take a look at this guy's work.  He really seems to understand all of this, and has been testing his brakes alongside the best ones mentioned above.  Plus, his are half the price:  http://www.muzzlebrakesandmore.com/

Damn  you...looks like he's making .750 brakes as well! Maybe I will get my seamless setup after all!

I discounted a bunch of those others because they have big OD and I didn't want that hanging off the end of the gun. The PA and vg6 were decently sized. 

Edited by blue109

Yeah, he's pretty good from what I can see.  Very good with communication and explanation.  Plus, you can't beat his prices.  His Beast brake is currently being designed to compete with the APA Bastard brakes, I believe.  Plus, I think they are lighter.  He does the tapering, cerakoting and installation as well too.  I think the PRS brake maker Ross Schuler worked with him or out of his shop or something like that.  I'll likely be ordering from his shortly.  I'm waiting to hear about the results of his upcoming recoil sled comparison tests. 

35 minutes ago, blue109 said:

Damn  you...looks like he's making .750 brakes as well! Maybe I will get my seamless setup after all!

I know. I have the matrix aerospace set with a 16" barrel that would look nice all smooth. slowly accumulating the parts to finish it. The two piece one looks cool too though

• 2 weeks later...