• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Muzzle Brake Options

gnatshooter

Anyone running the VG6 Precision Gamme 7.62 brake?

http://www.vg6precision.com/index.php?id_product=26&controller=product

144-large_default.jpg

I got to shoot my 308 this past weekend with the VG6 7.62 Gamma brake.  I was really blown away by how little recoil it made the 308 have.  Hardly any muzzle climb either.  Very impressive brake.  The machining and finish on it is top notch too and easy to clean unlike some other brakes I've had.  I liked it so much, i ordered one of their 556 Epsilon brakes for my 556 18" gun.  Good option for those looking. 

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that guy is doing round 3 of testing this August.  He'll be comparing the top brakes from the first 2 trials against some others that haven't been included yet.  Some of the manufacturers don't make .308, though.  Miculek seems the best bang for the buck.

I have a miculek in the parts box. Worked great. Was pretty brutal on the sides. I was spotting for a buddy and he let one go right near my head before I had my ears on. Rung me pretty good. Also...maybe shouldn't matter but it's ugly. Uses a jam nut to lock it down so it leaves a little gap. Also just made a trade deal for one of those VG6 gammas. Plan on slapping it on my 18" SPR.

Edited by blue109

Those charts are all 5.56. I think they were just posted as a reference. Maybe I should clarify I was talking about 5.56 for my miculek and VG6.

DRD..that gun is currently running a stag comp. Maybe I'll try all 3 back to back.

Edited by blue109