• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Muzzle Brake Options

gnatshooter

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to be excited about their results , but they only touched the tip of the Muzzle device iceberg . I guess I'm not one of the in crowd  , because I only recognize one or two of those Brakes . It is nice to see someone do a scientific study on them . I reckon I'm going to have to sign up for the results , just to see.

Edited by survivalshop

Yeah, I was wondering how many of them were selected as well.  I believe the guy doing the Truth About Guns 5.56 Muzzle Brake Shoot Out will be including a few of the same ones in the upcoming Round 3.  So, it will be interesting to compare their findings.

I guess I'm a boring guy. I find what I like and just keep using it (for the most part). I mostly use AAC brakes and comps. But that's more for the attachment points than the overall brake/comp performance. It's a balanced mix....in my head at least. Now, granted, I have branched out with a couple different rifles over time. But that was usually for a specific purpose/objective.

I feel that this whole subject is more of a matter of opinion and preference than anything else. But, with that being said, that's why all of us have such a diverse list of rifles.