• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

I'm building my brother a 308 and had questions for atlas. Called them and asked about ordering the QD lever for mine. I was also wondering about the "play" in the legs.....what people use to "load" the bipod. He said that they make it so there is no play anymore. He said some people loved it and some hated it. In the videos that seemed like one of its selling points as if it was suppose to be like that. I asked why they would get rid of it. He said they are constantly improving. Whatever.... I like mine, not sure I like the play...I'd like to shoot the new version. I bought mine around April of 2013. I guess the changes were made in early 2014. I need the QD because I want to swap it to other rifles fast. I'm going to buy the newest QD one and prob just sell my 2 screw one. If anyone here has the newest version....can you chime in with your input please....thanks!

I'm building my brother a 308 and had questions for atlas. Called them and asked about ordering the QD lever for mine. I need the QD because I want to swap it to other rifles fast. I'm going to buy the newest QD one and prob just sell my 2 screw one. If anyone here has the newest version....can you chime in with your input please....thanks!

I bought one from ADM.

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/106/

Caught it on sale a good bit cheaper though.

I bought one from ADM.

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/106/

Caught it on sale a good bit cheaper though.

I second the ADM setups.  JTs is a pic rail, but I've got two of these for Harris bipods, and love them. 

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/15/

post-7-0-68921600-1432359100_thumb.jpg

I second the ADM setups.  JTs is a pic rail, but I've got two of these for Harris bipods, and love them. 

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/15/

My Atlas has two screws that attached to a rail instead of a stud like a Harris. You can actually take the rail section off the ADM and put the lever section directly on the Atlas to substitute for the two screw setup. I've never seen one in hand but that appears to be how the Atlas factory QD setup is made.

ADM makes some good $hit!

My Atlas has two screws that attached to a rail instead of a stud like a Harris. You can actually take the rail section off the ADM and put the lever section directly on the Atlas to substitute for the two screw setup. I've never seen one in hand but that appears to be how the Atlas factory QD setup is made.

ADM makes some good $hit!

That was one of my turn off to get the one with the Qd lever its 70$ more, that was a big reason I went else where Edited by shepp

That was one of my turn off to get the one with the Qd lever its 70$ more, that was a big reason I went else where

If the wife hadn't bought it for as a Christmas gift I'd never have an Atlas.........that said I wouldn't sell it now that I've used it. The QD addition was needed so I could easily use it on all my rifles....still need to gather up a Harris though.