• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ice Breaker

j.peace

I'm gonna break the ice by posting a picture of my lr-308 today because she hit the 500 round mark.

After all it was the help and knowledge 308ar members that made it happen.

I read through a lot of old threads. So I knew what parts were compatible.

And 308ar members even helped me diagnose a 4" group problem."My barrel but needed to be re-torqued after a couple of hundred rounds".

Ice breaker is mostly dpms except for ace stock. Hogue grip. Mega Arms 18" barrel. Muzzle brake. And rail. Well I guess you could say half dpms.

She hit the 500 round mark today and I've only had 1 FTE on round 70ish. With no other problems. I even ran some cheap steel through her . no problems.

But I put her together the way I wanted mine. I've fired a couple other 308s since assembling mine and both were heavier. Less accurate. Kicked harder.And they. Paid almost twice as much for theirs.

Thank you forum308ar I'm proud to call myself a member.

Semper Fi.

post-14859-0-19435200-1407185678_thumb.j

J you can be proud of that rifle! the gentlemen here are always glad to help......nothing like bangin steel at 500 with this platform.....dont ya just love it when the anal bolt guys give ya dirty looks cause you have an AR that hangs with them? :) Wash

Yes I am very proud of my rifle. I've noticed the ar15 guys seem to be drawn to it. And the bolt guys do tend to give harsh looks. Especially when you get caught up in the moment and start letting a lot more lead fly down range. And I especially get bad looks from the guys that like to take turns pulling triggers.

It may be the muzzle brake causing the bad looks man.  Usually when I pull out the armalite at the range and start chunking lead, it clears out the lanes on each side of me until I put it back in the rack.  People don't like feeling your gun "punch" em in the chest each round.

It may be the muzzle brake causing the bad looks man.  Usually when I pull out the armalite at the range and start chunking lead, it clears out the lanes on each side of me until I put it back in the rack.  People don't like feeling your gun "punch" em in the chest each round.

My compensator doesnt really get me bad looks so much as it makes these funny noises after I shoot the first round. Sounds like a bunch of zippers on rifle cases..