• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Vortex Razor Gen II HD 4.5-27x56mm

Just picked up my new scope for my bolt gun and am so impressed! Since I have no rifle yet to mount it on I figured i'd bust out the gear and get some shots of it. So far my impressions are:

- Weight - Heavy, compared to my other scopes i've owned. I don't feel that is a negative. It's nice to know I can club someone with it.

- Reticle - EBR-2C MOA - I like it. Originally I was going with a 1C, but decided I didn't want to wait for one to arrive so I jumped on this 2C locally. My first MOA scope.

- Turrets - Oh man! I love how large and low they are. Very positive clicks and being able to lock them is a plus, and I like the rotation counter.

- Glass looks wonderful. Very bright, clear image. Noticeably better than my PST 6-24x50 FFP and my PST isn't half bad either.

- Illumination - Almost perfect I think. Very crisp and plenty of settings for any situation.

- Magnification - great range!I mean that's why I bought it over the 3-18. I can't see needing more than this in any shooting situation I will be in.

On with the photos! The 6-24x50 that I compare too is getting mounted to my SR-25.

Vortex-11_zpsdb68a201.jpg

Vortex-4_zps4c798cec.jpg

Vortex-1_zps12e7e3d9.jpg

Vortex-3_zpsf56d70b5.jpg

Vortex-2_zps1511587e.jpg

Vortex-8_zps6ca4996e.jpg

Vortex-9_zpse238ec05.jpg

Vortex-10_zps61426e9f.jpg

Vortex-12_zpsf2dd8f53.jpg

Vortex-13_zpsac522947.jpg

Edited by ninjajimmy

Sweet Ninja !    I was so impressed with the vortex line that ive been getting rid of all my Nikons except for the m-308's.

I would get rid of the m-308's but the holdovers are so handy and accurate,that i just hate to part with em

I made the mistake of looking thru a guys vortex's at the range....he had a pst ...which was nice,but he also had an HD razor...daamn that scope was freakin nice!

Ninja you did good!        :)   Wash

Thanks. I've had a 6-24 previously and liked it. This 6-24 is going on my SR-25 to see how I like it. The Razor HD Gen II are in a different league. Everything I've read and heard says they compare to scopes hat cost $1,500 more. They are very hard to find and get right now. I got lucky to find this one at my local shop.

Drool....Not sure if you've seen this series of testing : http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/07/01/tactical-scopes-field-test-overview-rifle-scope-line-up/

We were hoping he'd include your scope, but they weren't available at the time.  He may to a second round including the new Gen IIs, plus Tangent Theta (Premier) and maybe other S&B's.  Amazing rig you've got.  Looking forward to some range reports!

Just picked up my new scope for my bolt gun and am so impressed! Since I have no rifle yet to mount it on I figured i'd bust out the gear and get some shots of it. So far my impressions are:

- Weight - Heavy, compared to my other scopes i've owned. I don't feel that is a negative. It's nice to know I can club someone with it.

DUDE!!!  This thing weighs THREE POUNDS?!  :eek: