• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

No laughing at this

EasyEJL

Whats everyone's thoughts on using a .22lr as a concealed carry defense gun? I'm struggling over what to get for a new pistol, as I've kind of gotten tired of carrying the revolver around. its heavy, only has 5 shots, and honestly in a stress fire situation every shot after the first is questionable, sometimes the first is too :D

I have a walther p22 (well my wife does) and I like the overall feel, and even in a stress situation i'm highly accurate. palmetto has the camo version on clearance for $239 and I could definitely see myself carrying it, and feeling confident, other than the caliber.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/daily-deals/walther-p22-black-slide-camo-frame.html

What do you think? A well placed .22 shot is better than a poorly placed 357 magnum in my book.

It's always been my contention that if the lowly 22 is all you can shoot well then by all means carry a 22.

But if this isn't the case then you're making a mistake. Not just with your safety but also with others who may depend on you.

And this is coming from someone who owns dozens of 22s.

Edited by Microgunner

Yeah, I can control a 9mm fine. I guess a striker fired 9 is probably my best choice in the end, whether all metal or polymer on the bottom. I think the striker fired is really the best answer for me, as I don't really like DAO guns, which is part of why i'm inaccurate with the revolver in stress. Tend to have too much jerk on the trigger as its both a heavier pull as well as no clear sign of when the break point is.

Pity, the Kahr MK9 Elite sold over the weekend. Still a K9 available locally for $500 though.

Edited by EasyEJL

I throw my P22 in my pack when I'm Mt biking. better than throwing rocks. it will still kill the Shits out of someone. I can empty 10 rds into a target the size of a face fast as I can pull the trigger at defensive range. my main concern is reliability. it's usually fine but it does occasionally FTF for no reason.

Edited by blue109

for the record... we never laugh.... well, not without pointing  :laughing4:  <lmao>  <laughs>

For the record, I always thought the S&W Model 351PD or 351C in .22 magnum would be a fun pocket gun. Even the Model 43C (.22lr) would be neat for a little while.... Although, I wouldn't carry it alone. 

After owning a walther p22 I can honestly say, without any doubt in my mind, that I would sooner take a deuce in my hand and fling it at an attacker than bet my life on that pos either A. Functioning properly when truly needed, and B. It actually hitting anything vital if I pointed it at center mass at 4 feet and pulled the trigger. Based off the one I own at 4 ft I'd hit a left little toe. Ok, not that bad but close enough :)That and the fact they like to bust up their own slides into several pieces isn't too comforting.

Mine simply will not run properly with any ammo for more than 10-15 shots in a row. It lives in my safe as a failure training tool and to occupy people I take shooting that can't handle anything bigger.

I know plenty of people who carry a 22 or 22 mag for ccw. It isn't optimum, but its better than nothing.

The day you're washing your car... and ninjas descend on you from roof tops... you be thinking, "damn Rob was right! I need more guns."

Honestly, my reasoning is simple. I'm faster on the draw than I am on a reload. I'm also not limited to my draw options... I can draw from my hip or appendix, or even fire from my coat pocket.

^^^ coming from the guy that conceals at least 4 firearms on him, every time he's out.  Even washing the car.  <lmao>

Don't be too hard on him...Cali is where that lady cop was confronted and shot by gangbangers in her own front yard.

I just want to know how he does it in a Speedo washing the car.

Don't be too hard on him...Cali is where that lady cop was confronted and shot by gangbangers in her own front yard.

I just want to know how he does it in a Speedo washing the car.

You know... i was gonna post something clever here... but decided don't act like 'one of the guys' until your 'one of the guys'....  I'm laughing on the inside though.

Edited by AdamO

Gawdammit Adam! Sack up or GTFO! Otherwise you're likely to end up in a tequila induced coma, buck nekid, shaved bare, and left in the Arizona sun with nothing for protection but a thin layer CLP.

The last thing you'll remember is Tom and I jumping out of a shadow, armed with a taser and a black pillow case.

You'll forever have to explain the number 3 branded on your left butt cheek, and the 8 on your right butt cheek... 3¤8

Gawdammit Adam! Sack up or GTFO! Otherwise you're likely to end up in a tequila induced coma, buck nekid, shaved bare, and left in the Arizona sun with nothing for protection but a thin layer CLP.

The last thing you'll remember is Tom and I jumping out of a shadow, armed with a taser and a black pillow case.

You'll forever have to explain the number 3 branded on your left butt cheek, and the 8 on your right butt cheek... 3¤8

Bahahah! Thay was funny. But OK, since you put it that way, what I was going to say was in regards to your concealed carry speedo car washing was that you're not fooling any of us.

you would never be "That" happy to see any of us well except for Tom maybe. oh and don't worry about that duck waddle you got going on. we all know where you like to hide your backup piece and we will totally believe you when you tell us it's because you pulled a hamstring in a foot chase! ;) hahahah!

Bahahah! Thay was funny. But OK, since you put it that way, what I was going to say was in regards to your concealed carry speedo car washing was that you're not fooling any of us.

you would never be "That" happy to see any of us well except for Tom maybe. oh and don't worry about that duck waddle you got going on. we all know where you like to hide your backup piece and we will totally believe you when you tell us it's because you pulled a hamstring in a foot chase! ;) hahahah!

LOL...

Rob totally assed for that one!