• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Mac Bite

survivalshop

I'm thinking of selling my Mac 10 & got it out of the safe to check it over . Haven't looked at it or shot it , for a couple of years. I was checking the outside & decided to check the action , & since its open bolt , I locked it back couple of times & pulled the trigger to make sure bolt dropped. Then decided to make sure it worked in semi auto ( I think I only put the selector in that mode , once , well it worked a couple of times , then it hung up & pulling the trigger , bolt wouldn't drop , WTF , so I wrapped my left hand around the lower receive to check the charging handle & bam , the bolt dropped & my finger next to the little one , took a bolt close on the tip of it . Lucky it only got a glancing blow , because it took the skin right off  , well nearly off , I flapped it back over , but not before the red stuff started to flow , my blood thinner doing a good job keeping the flood gate open .

My wife looked at me & said , " you OK " , then the red stuff gave her the answer . A clean up & band aid & back to seeing if I could do it again , only because I had to see if I could replicate the Malfunction , but I couldn't make it show back up .

No where near the " Thumb " photo's seen else where in this Forum , but I took the bandage off to change it & took a photo . I have to down load them .   :hornet:

I don't think my MAC wants me to sell it . <dontknow>

Edited by survivalshop

They're a fun little bullet hose. I wouldn't sell it SS. But then again......I don't sell anything.

I never understood the buying and selling of guns or "toys" for that matter I got a few friends that buy have fun for a month or two then sell all the time. Boss said once you can tell a mans hurting when he starts selling his guns.

Damn SS that looks painful!!!

I never understood the buying and selling of guns or "toys" for that matter I got a few friends that buy have fun for a month or two then sell all the time. Boss said once you can tell a mans hurting when he starts selling his guns.

Damn SS that looks painful!!!

Not hurting  & I have had it for over 28 years , so its not like I just got it . <laughs>

The only reason I will sell a firearm is to get something better & I sold it today . It was a very good investment  <thumbsup>

Not hurting & I have had it for over 28 years , so its not like I just got it . <laughs>

The only reason I will sell a firearm is to get something better & I sold it today . It was a very good investment <thumbsup>

Yea I figured you had it awhile, Idk I was just going off on a tangent sorry.. Edited by shepp