• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR15 Trigger suggestions

bimmerland

I have a Bushmaster ORC that I bought as my first AR. The stock trigger is very gritty and does not offer a smooth trigger response. I don't shoot a lot so I mainly shoot Russian military ammo and want to make sure that I retain 100% reliability of the AR while improving the "feel" of the trigger. I have no desire to shoot in any competitive venues just average sub 100 yard shooting.  I'm not looking for fantastic grouping either.

With all that said what trigger system do you suggest that would make a significant improvement over stock.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

A simple upgrade is the ALG Defense "ACT" trigger. If you want to lighten it up, add the JP yellow springs.

You can get out of the entire set-up for under $75 if you shop right.

The CMC Triggers are very affordable replacements, going from $145 to $200. Of course Geissele is always rated on top.

Hone the surfaces ever so gently and try again just don't go to far! A fine file or stone will work. The alg is a gtg alternative!

This. 

I start with 400 grit emery cloth and lap the sear surface lightly, followed by 1000 grit and then 1500/2000 grit. Finish off with lapping compound.

Other aftermarket options are geissele triggers. PM if you're interested. Got a couple SSA's (2-stage) in stock.

Edited by shibiwan

I've got a bunch of triggers - I'd actually have to go through rifles and count.  Geissele S3G, SSA, SSA-E, Hi-Speed DMR.  1 or 2 Spike's, a bunch of ALG ACT triggers, a Jard adjustable 2-stage trigger, SR Gold in the .308 AR, Armalite NM trigger. Some stainless steel trigger that I polished up.

Bottom line is this:  almost any trigger you can get is gonna be a world of difference over a stock mil-spec type trigger.  Those damn things are gritty and heavy as hell.  If you need a "combat trigger," there are a bunch of options out there that are better than mil-spec (not directed at you, OP - that was for someone that might come along later and say they have to use a mil-spec trigger...).

• 1 month later...

Just wait until you shoot a couple of my rifles, brother.  You simply just don't know how fucked you are yet - but you will!   <lmao>

Geissele SSA, SSA-E, S3G, and Hi-Speed DMR, ALG ACT, Jard 2lb, Jard 2.5lb, Spikes, Armalite NM (adjusted light), ATC SR Gold, ...

Once you shoot those triggers, and others, you'll shat all over yourself and want some - or all...  :hethan: