• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Anti walk trigger pins

Malig8r

So what is the word on the use of KNS anti walk trigger pins? Are they needed more on a 308 platform? Need to have, nice to have, or don't bother?

They are useful if your receiver has sloppy pin holes, outside of that they are simply adding a degree of complexity that is probably unneeded.

The are very, very useful in pistol-caliber ARs, because blowback-operated systems are very hard on hammer pins.  I have a set in my AR45 and the 9mm AR.  I have a spare set of them in the toolbox, and they'll be going to use pretty soon. 

I have a decent stainless steel trigger system that i did a little polishing to - it's not special, but it is a decent trigger.  I've got the perfect build going on that I can use it in, but the damn thing broke the j-spring in the hammer.  it won't keep a hammer pin in place to save it's life, and as soon as it starts to walk, the rifle doubles - one pull, two shots.  Not good.  The spare set of KNS pins will be used in that build, with that trigger, for that reason.  J-springs aren't easy to find, fast to get, or easy to change.  Fuk the J-spring replacement, or throwing a3way the trigger.  KNS pins will save it.

You better bet that if I had a registered full-auto lower, I'd have KNS pins in it, and i wouldn't run a blowback-operated AR without them.

They have their place.

Anti walk pins are best for F/A or bump-fire (Like Vera) guns. I don't even think a 3-gun race rifle takes full advantage of the pins.

If you buy a trigger module, like CMC or Timney or Jard, they come with their own sets of anti walk pins.... so does the new MechArmor Defense trigger.

If you buy a trigger module, like CMC or Timney or Jard, they come with their own sets of anti walk pins.... so does the new MechArmor Defense trigger.

Well then it looks like I'll get my first set of those pins when the MechArmor Defense trigger arrives. I'll then place those pins in my spare parts tool kit.

• 3 months later...

i put them on all of my Mega Arms builds, an ounce of protection is worth,,,you know the drill. not concerned so much with walking but rotation of the stock pins. a couple of aimpoints is all the bling i own

Edited by lasher

• 3 months later...