• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

H harness, how does it work.

blue109

calling tom...ranger stuff here.

got a good deal on a Eagle H harness. it's the real deal RLCS one the rangers were getting for a while. I never had any high speed stuff like this when I was in.

question, where does the belt/waist part sit? does it sit low at the hips like a normal belt? or up above?

calling tom...ranger stuff here.

got a good deal on a Eagle H harness. it's the real deal RLCS one the rangers were getting for a while. I never had any high speed stuff like this when I was in.

question, where does the belt/waist part sit? does it sit low at the hips like a normal belt? or up above?

Personal preference on adjustment, but... I wear mine high, and always had them setup that way, for jumping purposes.  Easier to rig into a chute harness that way.  Less schit flapping all over the place when you left the aircraft.  Once you take a canteen right in the face at 130 knots, you readjust your gear as soon as you get back...  <lmao>

Personal preference on adjustment, but... I wear mine high, and always had them setup that way, for jumping purposes.  Easier to rig into a chute harness that way.  Less schit flapping all over the place when you left the aircraft.  Once you take a canteen right in the face at 130 knots, you readjust your gear as soon as you get back...  <lmao>

LOL canteen face.

I wore mine high too. Makes it easy to enter/exit armored vehicles without getting caught on something.

tool....sometimes they have whole categories at 30% off. it's bad news lol. I check the deal of the day at midnight every day. if it's a really good one they are gone in a few minutes. the other day was brand new gortex bivy bags for sleeping bags for $25. those things are amazing. we moved too much for tents, so it was usually openn sky and a bivy bag in any weather. never an issue.

Edited by blue109

Oh man...was it one good smack or flapping in the wind, with your face as one of the distance stops?

I can't remember - it's usually "white noise" when you get out of the plane, and I know that fucker hit me right before my chute opened - it knocked me stupid, and I lost that "tight body position" immediately.  So, with arms and legs hanging out where they're not supposed to be, it completely fucked up my "aerodynamic flight pattern..." 

Then my chute opened... 

My risers were twisted from the pack tray all the way up to the damn canopy.  It took several hundred feet of altitude to unfuck that one.  When I got back to the chute truck to throw that thing in there, the smartass in the back of the truck says, "I don't ever think I've seen someone get THAT physically fucked up by a parachute, and not lawn-dart!  You look like you just lost a bar fight!"   I didn't think it was funny at the time, but when I looked in a mirror later, I could see what he was talking about - side of my head was ALL puffed up!  <lmao>

I declared that particular canteen a direct spawn of Satan, and melted it down in a fire, just to get my vengeance on it.  Oh, and I reconfigured my gear. 

Difference is that is a belt with a suspension harness. The eagle H harness has more of a cummerbund than a belt.

That is what I wanted. Vests and cumberbunds get too hot for me to use when the temp goes above 75 F. So I stiched D rings to my favorite molle belt and added a set of molle shoulder straps to distribute weight. Works great when I have to pack in to find a shooting spot, and I can carry a suprising amount.

• 2 weeks later...