• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

10mm Gas Operated pistol build

Toolndie7

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you like those grips? I was tempted to get the same one, and slap on a pair of Magpul 1911 grips.

the grip feels awesome. Of course if your partial to 1911 grip angle then there is no question if you will like it. Was like $20 from Pearce.

Holy Chit WOW!!! man that is simply stunning!!! I have never seen such a work of art like that  out standing... (sorry for rushing you on the pics BUT I wanted to see it LOL it was worth the wait!

Thanks,    haha I was laughing as I'm uploading pics there's a popup saying "magwa has replied" I'm like I haven't even finished posting yet

Absolutely awesome ! I can't even come close to that.

Could you take a pic of the inside of you magazine?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Toolndie7

Absolutely awesome ! I can't even come close to that.

Could you take a pic of the inside of you magazine?

wouldn't let me fit anymore in the last post.

This started off as a 6.8 mag, I made a filler block and follower from black delrin and was able to use the original spring. I've got guts for 3 more mags in the toolbox.

• 3 months later...

Psssshhhhhh. That all you got?

that is a fine looking piece.  I really want to see that one up close and in person someday.   You've got a damn lucky wife and some serious skills. Excellent work señor!

Edited by DNP

Psssshhhhhh. That all you got?

that is a fine looking piece.  I really want to see that one up close and in person someday.   You've got a damn lucky wife and some serious skills. Excellent work señor!

if your ever waaay over here your more than welcome to come by for a pint and a fondle.   The gun that is, wife is off limits.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my hands on a chronograph thanks to Christmas! Took this 10mm rig to the range with the wife this morning to see where its at. I've been messing around with different powders trying to get it running nice and I tried both AA #2 and #7 but maxed out on both. Recently tried some power pistol powder and was finally able to put some numbers on it. I was getting an average of about 1400fps on a 180gr flat points over 8grains of power pistol. Now I can get an accurate assessment of my hand loads and start playing around a little more. I can't believe it took me this long to break down and get a chrono.