• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

10mm Gas Operated pistol build

Toolndie7

11189223_630357290397052_1283622581_n.jp

Wasnt sure where to post this so I threw it in here. Been working on a pistol project for the wife. I'll post some more pics in here later and show the finished project once I finally get it anodized. Here is a handguard from unique-ar which required a custom barrel nut and wrench because the gas block is so close to the chamber.

11195754_836103463092902_1859404374_n.jp

Been running good so far on hand loads and a modified 6.5 18rd mag just need to do a few more engravings on the recv, anodize it and put a sling on it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the same one with the Chamber of Secrets engraving, Brian? That's amazing work, man, your wife's gonna have a heart attack! Wait, she doesn't get on here, does she?

Yes this is the receiver that has harry potter references on it. The wife has already seen it. She is the  "cosmetic engineer" so most of the way it looks is her choice. With my opinions of course.

What magazine are you going to use ?

Ive used a 6.5 18rd mag with my own guts in it. Feeds well (so far)  only have about 200rds down the pipe

You should be able to modify Uzi .45ACP mags to worK, or the old Greasegun mags.

I was once looking at building a 10mm using a RMWXTREME upper... Then I changed my mind to a 7.62x25... then I changed my mind to a 7.62x39... eventually I'll get around to finishing my 7.62x39. I just need to get some machine time in to modify some piston parts.

You should be able to modify Uzi .45ACP mags to worK, or the old Greasegun mags.

I was once looking at building a 10mm using a RMWXTREME upper... Then I changed my mind to a 7.62x25... then I changed my mind to a 7.62x39... eventually I'll get around to finishing my 7.62x39. I just need to get some machine time in to modify some piston parts.

Yeah Ron chambered this barrel for me. The way to do it is use a cncguns ar-45 lower and grease gun mags. I just dont like the look of stick mags. Figured I would try this route and get it to work, if it failed I could abandon that idea and use a magwell block and stick mags

Yeah Ron chambered this barrel for me. The way to do it is use a cncguns ar-45 lower and grease gun mags. I just dont like the look of stick mags. Figured I would try this route and get it to work, if it failed I could abandon that idea and use a magwell block and stick mags

Love that stick mag look vintage, makes me think modern day tommy gun

• 3 months later...

Pretty much complete.. only thing that may change is the grip, the wife hasn't decided on anything final yet so there is a 1911 adapter with wood panels for now.  Got everything back and assembled and went to the range to make sure it cycled fine ran great but I haven't cleaned it yet.  Ive  maxed out a load with 180gr over 12.1gr of AA#7 lately Ive been running 180gr projectiles over 8.2gr of power pistol. I really need to get a chronograph.... anyway here are some pics. Oh yeah, the end of the serial number has been blurred out so it may look funny.

IMG_7460.JPG

IMG_7458.JPG

IMG_7457.JPG

IMG_7461.JPG

IMG_7463.JPG

IMG_7464.JPG

IMG_7465.JPG

IMG_7466.JPG

IMG_7467.JPG

IMG_7470.JPG

IMG_7471.JPG

IMG_7472.JPG